Chapter 3: Michael Makes An Entrance!

So it turns out that apparently Christine practically lives in the play rehearsal room, so there was literally no chance of Michael being able to sneak in a slurpee that was "from Christine". There goes that idea. Besides, the play was tonight. As in, no more play rehearsal, never another chance. Literally the only other opportunity to sneak it to Jeremy would have to be behind the scenes of the actual play. It's not like Michael could just give Jeremy a slurpee after the play, like, "Hey, we haven't interacted in who-knows-how-long, yeah so here's just a random slurpee. This definitely isn't a plan to un-SQUIP-ify you, so, enjoy! Also let me just handcuff you to myself, that's not weird at all, now I'll just punch in some numbers and we'll be on our way to another time! Maybe even another place, because I just got this thing and barely even know how to use it!" Yeah, that's not weird at all.

But even though that obviously wouldn't work, Michael was still going to go see the play. It was "A Midsummer Nightmare About Zombies",or something along those lines. Michael wasn't sure, it was way too loud in the classroom when the announcements were playing. Either way, it still sounded interesting. Michael arrived a little on the early side, so he went to 7-11. He ended up getting a slurpee, partly just in case, and partly because Michael just really likes slurpees.

Once he returned to the Middle Borough auditorium, Michael was disappointed to find that someone had helped himself to his seat. Most of the seats left were right in the front, which people in this auditorium tended to avoid. The stage was at a position that you would have to crane your neck like crazy to see it right, and although front-row seats are usually great, these ones in particular cause neck cramps like you wouldn't believe. He sat in his seat, waiting for the play to start. Christine came out on the stage, and gave a pre-curtain speech. The play began, and it was really good, for a school play.

I didn't know these people could act so well! thought Michael, as the play continued. This could very well have been the best school play he had ever seen, even though he had only seen a couple others. Honestly, though. There was no way a bunch of high schoolers could be this good, and he had never noticed! It was almost like they were SQUIPped or something...

Yeah, this is way too good for a school play, thought Michael.

Michael swiftly left his seat, and after ducking down so he wouldn't obstruct the others' view of the play. He snuck backstage, and tried to find Jeremy. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't, but he had to try.

And then there he was. Jeremy Heere. Being flung across the room right towards Michael.

Michael tried to catch him, but was too late. Jeremy fell to the floor right in front of him.

"Michael!" exclaimed Jeremy.

"I was in the audience thinking, this is really good for a school play. Then I'm like, this is WAY too good for a school play. They've all been SQUIPped, right?" confirmed Michael.

"You came to see me in the play?"

"Even brought my own refreshments." said Michael, holding up his half-finished Slurpee.

"A slurpee?"

"Well, I was thinking that maybe it could, like, freeze the SQUIP or something, until I can carry out the next part of the plan." Michael explained

"Plan?" Jeremy was quite perplexed by everything Michael was saying.

"Just drink it, Jeremy! I'll explain the rest later."

"Oka-AAAHHHGH!" Jeremy screamed. With movements looking almost as if he were a puppet controlled by his SQUIP puppeteer, Jeremy smacked the slurpee out of Michael's hand.