Wall

I finally found you.

I was worried that the wall that divided us would never break, would never crumble into pieces as time ticked on.
Time didn't help me. I had to destroy the wall myself.
You never noticed me chipping away at it all these years, never bothered to help me tear it down.
But that's ok. You've never been good at paying attention to the world around you.
It's why the wall was more resistant.

I'll accept your excuses, and I'll try to hide that fact that I'm slightly hurt that you didn't notice me once the dust cleared.
I said try. I didn't promise.
Promises are fragile, like glass, and I don't want fragments of glass sprinkled across the place, ready to slice into your delicate skin.
You're too weak to survive a broken promise.

You'll deny this instantly.
That's another one of your flaws; you deny the truth.
But soon you won't.

You'll see.

So this is the first chapter. It's not very interesting, but I had to start somewhere. So as you can tell, this is how the chapters in this book will be formatted. If you were expecting a proper novel, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote. Comments are also highly appreciated. Thanks for reading!