Chapter Six

I'm forced to get out of my bedroom by lunch. Briana comes in and demands I get dressed. Luckily, by that time, I wasn't crying and my eyes didn't seem too red. My maids get me ready in a pale blue short sleaved dress, and push me out the door. We head towards lunch, and I don't look up at anyone.

"We are going to announce the Elite now, ladies," Evan stands up, along with Maxon. I don't look at him, only at Evan. However, I can't help my eyes from looking over at Maxon. He's looking at me, and my eyes almost tear up at the anger I find. I will myself to look away, and ten girls stand up. Me and Briana aren't standing. I hold my breath.

"The girls who are standing, I'm sorry. You are not in the Elite. Please, pack your bags and get ready to go," Maxon says. I look down at the table, and Briana releases a breath of air. As soon as lunch is over, I walk towards the Woman's Room. Briana goes on and on about her date with Evan, and I feel happy for her.

Finally, she pulls me out of the Womans Room, and she brings me to hers.

"Alright, what's wrong?" Briana asks.

"Nothing's wrong, Briana, I'm fine," I whisper, but I know I'm close to cracking, and Briana knows it too. She pulls me into a hug just as I start crying. She lets me cry, and I close my eyes.

"What's wrong?" I look at her, and start explaining.

"I was with Evan yesterday, and we kissed," Briana tenses up, but I continue, "I knew that I loved him, but not as much as I loved Maxon," I say. I break off as Briana releases a breath of relieved air. I wipe a tear off my cheek as I continue.

"I went to look for him, and I found him in a corner with Maria. They were kissing, and Maxon's hands were under her dress, gripping her butt. I ran away after that," I collapse into Briana's hug as she grips me. I see that several of her maids are looking at us, strangly. I know that they didn't hear my conversation, just came in to see me crying.

"Can you please go tell Evan that I urgently request to see him, I know it's not proper, but please," Briana asks. Her maids nod and they turn to run and look for Evan. We walk over to her couch and fall on that. I continue to cry, and Briana strokes my hair.

"What happened?" Evan's voice says. I look up and he runs over to me. He embraces me, and I cry into both of them. Briana explains what Maxon did, and Evan stands up.

"I'm going to go talk to him," Evan says, and runs out the door. Briana looks at him, and then back at me.

"Go, I'll be fine. I'm just going to sit here and cry," I whisper. Briana runs after Evan. I have no idea what happens after that.

**Evan's POV**

I run towards my brother's room. I can't believe he did that, knowing that Crystal loved him. Sure, it stung when she said she loved him more than me, but I know that we weren't meant to be. And she's right about her sister too.

Speaking of which, we both stand outside his room, and I knock. Briana growls and opens the door, barging in. Maxon is laying on his couch, and jumps when she comes in.

"Briana! What the hell?" He asks, looking at her. Then he sees me.

"How could you?" Briana screams at him. Maxon stands up, and looks at me for help. I just let Briana take out her fury on Maxon. He sure deserves it, for what he did to Crystal.

"What are you-"

"Don't you dare ask what am I talking about?" Briana walks over and clenches her fist.

"You," punch, "complete," punch, "moron," punch, "you," punch, "hurt," punch, "my," punch, "sister!" Maxon finally grabs Briana's fist, and looks down at her.