Chapter Nine

**Crystal's POV**

Of all the places the bullet could hit, I wish it couldn't have been on the same leg. I groan as pain shoots through my leg. I open my eyes to see I'm in the infirmary. I try to get up, but my leg protests it's pain loudly at that. A doctor runs up to me, relieved.

"Go get Prince Maxon, tell him she's awake," he says to a nurse.

"It's the middle of the night though, wouldn't he want to sleep?" She asks. The doctor shakes his head.

"Wake him up, he'll be grateful," the doctor says. The nurse runs off, and the doctor checks my pulse and blood pressure.

"You are one lucky girl, you know that? Bullet through major artery, and your still living and breathing," The doctor says, looking over me again. The door opens, and I hear a ruff, "where is she?" Footsteps sound, and soon, Maxon is standing in the dimly lit room.

"Be careful with her, Prince Maxon. She's going to be in a lot of pain for the next few days," the doctor says before leaving me alone with Prince Maxon, well, mostly alone. The nurse looks back and forth between us, and then finally gets the point.

"Oh! I'll um, bye," the nurse leaves, and I look at Maxon. He smiles, and I smile back. He looks at my leg.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I shrug.

"It's fine, just don't touch it," I lie. It's hurting like the bullet is still going through me again and again, but I ignore it. I just want to focus on Maxon. I rub my hand over my left hand, just to make sure it wasn't a huge dream that he proposed to me. The ring that greets me shows it wasn't. Maxon walks next to my bed, and I reach up and pull his face to mine. Our lips connect, and I feel drops on my cheeks. I look up to see Maxon has tears in his eyes, and I know he's thinking about how I almost died.

"I love you, Crystal," Maxon whispers. I smile. No matter how many times I hear that, I'm still going to get euphoric over it.

"I love you too," I say. Maxon smiles, and I notice he's not wearing a shirt. Heat rushes to my cheeks when I see that I never imagined the muscles he had. Maxon looks down at himself, and realizes he wasn't wearing a shirt too.

"Well, I um...was sleeping," Maxon explains. I laugh, and pull him closer to me.

"Damn this hospital bed, too small," I say. Maxon grins, and kneels next to the bed. He presses his lips to mine, softly, gently.

"I almost lost you, Crystal. I never want to go through that again," Maxon whispers, pressing his forehead to my own.

"All the time, when I was laying there, thinking this was the last time I was going to see your face, I kept imagining how much it will hurt wherever I go afterwards, knowing that you weren't there with me. I love you so much, Maxon. Never forget that, please," I plea. Maxon nods.

"I'll never forget it, expecially if you keep telling me that," Maxon grins, and I smile. I press my lips to his own again. And then, I pull back. I curl up and fall asleep, the last thing I hear was Maxon's laughter.

I wake up to find that I'm still in the hospital bed, and Maxon was asleep in the chair. The doctor walks in and sees us, he smiles. I nudge Maxon's shoulder.

"Wake up," I say. Maxon open his eyes to see me, and grins. He reaches over to press a kiss to my lips.

"Morning, now, can we hear what the doctor has to say?" I ask. Maxon turns around to see a doctor who is probably feeling very awkward right now. He goes over some release papers with Maxon, and then they get crutches for me. I see that my entire leg is in a cast. I hobble along on the crutches, and Maxon looks at me every chance he gets. We walk towards his room. Maxon reaches it first, and opens it. Evan and Briana's voice immediantly come out.

"Is it true she's awake?" Briana asks, and doesn't wait for an answer, just rushes out of the room and almost straight into me.

"Crystal!" She screams, hugging me. I laugh even though it hurts, and hug her back. I turn towards Evan, and hug him.

"Don't I get a hug?" Maxon pouts. I laugh.

"No," I joke, turning towards my sister and almost brother-in-law. I hobble into Maxon's room, and see my dad sitting on his couch. I run towards him, well, more hop. I hop on one leg, leaving my crutches to fall to the ground as I hug him. He hugs me tight, and spins me around. I stand there, in his embrace, grinning.

"Maxon told me what you did, I'm so proud of you," he whispers in my ear.

"I love you daddy," I whisper.

"I love you too, snowflake," I let go of his hug to see my mom walk in, and in her arms is a baby girl. I hop over to her, and hug my mom. I reach for my little sister, and smile. I hold her in my arms, and she opens her eyes to look at me. I see she has mom's green eyes.

"She's beautiful," I whisper to mom.

"We decided to name her Sabrina Crystal Dennis," mom says. I smile, a tear escaping my eye.

"Hi, I'm your big sister," I say softly. Maxon walks up behind me and looks down at her.

"She's beautiful," Maxon says to my mom. Mom laughs.

"As long as you two start giving me grandchildren, I'm happy," Mom directs to Briana and me. Dad looks a little awkward, while Evan and Maxon just grin at their soon-to-be wives. Sabrina starts to cry, and I hand her back to mom after bouncing her just a couple times.

"She's probably hungry," I tell her. Mom nods, and sits down on the couch. I look at my family, and smile. I guess everything worked out to be perfect after all.

I got an epilogue to do and then I'm done! Sorry, no more, although I might be swayed to do another short stories on the married life of Evan and Briana and Maxon and Crystal. Anyways, tell me what you thought of the chapter. And keep me updated. Comment and vote!

-Jessie