1.1 \\ Cornered

Sorry for a super late update! Hope you enjoy this chapter!!
______________________________________

Once you've sat down, you notice the corner of a paper peeking out from under your desk. Curious, you take it and read it.....

Meet me behind the abandoned school building at 4:00. Be there....or be square

The note in general sounded way off and creepy, but that last line stirred something inside you. You've heard that line before....probably from an old friend.....

"(Y/N)?"

Jungkook's voice shakes you out of your thoughts and you quickly scrunch up the paper into your fist. Jungkook noticed.
"What's that?" he asks. You shake your head and desperately try to mouth trash, in hopes that he'll understand, and end off your miming with a convincing smile. Jungkook's face falters, but seems to shake off any odd thought. "Okay then, if you say so," he says and then walk back to his place. The teacher enters and the class commences.
Five minutes later, Minhyun and Lisa rush into the class, heaving as if they've run a marathon.

"Sorry miss-"
"Something came up-"
"It was rather important-"
"And then we sorta got distracted-"
"We're really sorry-"
"It won't happen again-"

"Alright girls, just get inside and take a seat. Please do calm down," the teacher says, clearly irked by their sudden and tardy entrance.
Minhyun and Lisa sighed in relief and took their seats by you. Minhyun taps on your shoulder as the teacher turns back to the board. "Psst. Dude. You will never believe who we saw on our way to class." You merely rolled your eyes and signed Who? Michael Jackson? and then rolled your eyes. "Ha ha very funny, we have Lee Chan for that," Minhyun whispered and rolled her eyes as well. "It's your boyfriend, Mark Lee!" she giggled. You looked at her with a mixtire of shock and disgust. It wasn't that you didn't like Mark, you two were the best of friends in grade school before he moved away. But, since the two of you were always together, people mistook you guys as a (fetus😏) couple. You smacked Minhyun on her arm and signed He's not my boyfriend, you idiot! We are just really close friends. Aren't a guy and girl allowed to be friends? with and exasperated expression. Minhyun slightly giggled and said, "Okay, okay, whatever you say." "I honestly thought they were dating back in grade school though," Lisa piped up. I didn't ask you, you signed at her which shut her up. But in all honesty, you were excited to see Mark Lee.

*Time skip to end of class*

The three of you packed up and started to make your way towards your next class. A voice called from behind.

"(Y/N)!"

You turned around to see a baby-teenager making his way through the crowd towards the three of you. A smile grew in your face as soon as you recognised the face. Mark Lee.
You opened your arms wide and he ran into them, nearly hugging the life out of you. He was still a shortie, and that made him even cuter. "(Y/N), it's been so long!" he said as he pulled away from the hug. You eagerly nodded.
This caused his face to contort in confusion. "What- what aren't you taking?" Your smile faded away and you looked down to your feet. Lisa stepped forward. "She um, had an accident earlier this year and uh well, lost her voice," her voice became lower as the sentence came to an end. Mark's face resembles that of a sad puppy. "What...what the heck...(Y/N)......" he trailed off. He shifted his gaze to the floor started to tear up a bit. You lightly patted his back as an indication to look up at you. You mouthed it's okay, I'm fine to try to console him. Mark seed to understand and sighed. "We'll, if you say so. At least your here in the flesh and bone." You smiled at his attempted optimism and hugged him tightly again.

"Ahem."

Both you and Mark pulled away from each other.

Jungkook.

He's looking at the two of you with a scowl on his face. But then you look at the situation you're in.

You and Mark are standing really close and have arms around each other. You wondered why it could bother him so much but then you remembered that he had asked you to be his girlfriend today and you said yes.

Oops. This must not look right to him.

Both you and Mark quickly glance down at your nearly conjoined torsos in realisation and immediately move away from each other. You shake your head and flail your arms trying to get the message across that it wasn't what it looked like. Minhyun catches on with your movements, "Uh, she's saying that it-it isn't what it looks like-" "Save it. (Y/N), how could you do this? I mean, I just asked you today. What the hell?!"
You tried to get the message across. Jungkook watched your failed attempts in making him understand. He then turned his head to the side. "I don't even know why I asked you. Forget it (Y/N). We're done, although I don't really know when we even started," he spat.

Then he walked away into the crowd of students that, luckily for you, were aimlessly wandering the corridors, not giving any importance to you.

You opened your mouth and closed it repeatedly, unable to fully comprehend what had just happened.
Minhyun walked up to you and asked, "Why did he keep saying 'after I asked you'? What did he ask you?" You turned to her and signed He asked me to be his girlfriend today.
Minhyun's mouth gaped open in surprise. "We'll, normally I'd be happy for you, but seeing how things quickly turned right now, well, I'm gonna be with you, alright? Also, it is now your choice, we can either make things right or-" "we can let him rot since you're way out of his league." Lisa piped in. The three of you turned to face her in disbelief. Minhyun just burst into chuckles while Lisa did the same. You merely smiled.
"Um, could someone please explain what's going on? Who was that dude?" You turned around to see a confused Mark and in all honesty HE LOOKED LIKE A FLIPPING BABY (MARK MY SON UWU)
"Well that dude asked (Y/N) to be his girlfriend but then he ended the relationship after misunderstanding the two of you being joined at the hip," Minhyun choked on the last word and almost burst into laughter again.
"Sheesh, that dude needs a reality check, and more patience." Mark said.
You pointed at him in a gesture that would mean Point.

"Come on, let's go to class. Forget about him." Lisa said, nudging your shoulder. The four of you walked to your next class which, coincidentally, you all shared.

This situation you were in with Jungkook only reminded you that you would meet an anonymous person behind the school and a few hours, and you were so not looking forward to it.

______________________________________

THIS CHAPTER TOOK FOREVER TO COMPLETE OML IM SO GLAD IT'S DONE.

And I know it's super cliche please excuse moi.

Anyways, sup dudes? I know I've been gone for a long time and you all probably hate me now, but I had very LEGITIMATE REASONS for not updating. Like I'm thinking of this one comment that ticked me off because they mentioned me not updating but excuse you now, I couldn't update for the last few months because

1. I had finals

2. I lost a loved one

3. I started school and this happens to be a very important and stressful grade

4. It's only been two months since school started and I've already finished two exams so you can imagine how much work we did

Also, I will be going on hiatus from June since, like I mentioned before, this is a very important grade and I have exams in February where I have to compete with my entire COUNTRY (and my country is one of the most populated countries fml) so I really have to concentrate. But I'll be back in March, and will do my best to try and update this May before I go.

Also, I wanted your opinions on some stuff - I wanted to start writing another book (ik I'm the worst author, starting a book and then going on hiatus for a majority of the year). Anyways, I thought of these two ideas, let me know which one you would want -

(Y/N) x Baekhyun of EXO
- AU in which you drunk called Byun Baekhyun and nearly get yourself reported (or something along the lines of that).

(Y/N) x NCT Dream Group chat -
- Basically an AU where you and NCT Dream have a group chat, being the crackheads you are and the BFF goals we all desire (most probably).

Let me know by commenting, and I hope you have enjoyed this chapter!