✞ tres ✞

Rays peeking in through the opened window beamed across the eyes of the raven-haired girl, slowly causing her to wake from her sleep. A mess of long hair was spread on her own pillow, lifting her head up to see what time it read on her alarm clock,

"6:47"

It was shown in digital red letters. With a groan, her body waking up before her alarm, she laid back down the weight of her head on the pillow, trying to get back those less than fifteen minutes before she needed to officially start her day. Turning away from the sunlight, too lazy to get up and close the curtains, she reached out a hand to where Marko would be. Sally's head and upper body were brought up, confused that she felt nothing under her touch. No leftover body heat, not even his smell was left on the sheets.

Turning to lie on her back, bringing the sheets up past her chin, she placed a hand over her eyes. 'Did I dream the whole thing?' With no way of falling back asleep for those scarce few minutes, Salvatrice decided just to start her day right there, but with a rather odd feeling.

Water from the showerhead hit the back of her neck, as fingers gently touched the corners of her mouth. 'It didn't feel like a dream.' Remembering the touch of his lips to hers, how it brought a chill to the touch, as he slightly made his way down her neck.

'Maybe I was just so caught up thinking about him-' Again she would trail off to herself, trying to come up with some reasoning and explanation to why it was so vivid. His set of cherub blond curls, every angle of his face. She touched his hands, even, feeling the worn leather of his gloves.

Watching herself in the mirror, she brushed out her long hair and gathered up all waves and strands into a semi-tight bun, just above her neck. (Leaving a few pieces to hang for fashionable purposes) Today was going to be a hot one, the weather forecast called for, just like every other day of this week. Adorning a dark colored, thin button up shirt, with dark denim high wasted shorts, not even the summer heat could stop her aesthetics. Checking by and popping her head into the opened crack of her parent's door, she found her father was not in his spot, but instead on the couch. His shoes still being on, Sally carefully slipped them off, arranging his position, and turned on the small fan they kept in the living room to keep him cool in the heat. Mr. Velasco wasn't a heavy man, instead very tall and slim. His ankles hung off the cushions a bit, so it was easy for her to move him around. He must've been really exhausted, as Sally kept trying to contain in her laughter at her father still snoring, even when he was being moved around. With a kiss to his similar head of raven hair, she went into the kitchen for a water bottle and an apple. There was always food on the boardwalk, and snacks kept in the backroom of the shop, so a light breakfast such as this was the usual.

Closing the door behind her, locking it, she hopped down the steps to the driveway where her car was parked. The windows were put down all the way on her easy commute to the boardwalk, where the rest of the business owners and tourists were arriving. Behind her cheeky cat eye sunglasses, occasionally she'd roll her eyes at the people not from the area: obvious as their sunburnt skin, neon fanny packs, and what was thought to be a comical slogan on a shirt made them all stick out like a sore thumb. How they raided their beach and became the unknowing joke of the locals, all throughout the season. It'd make her laugh, but they were the ones coming into the stores, supporting small businesses.

Finding the key to unlock the store, she turned over her shoulder and saw the two rather odd brothers giving Sally a few looks as they were opening their store as well. Giving the younger boys a small wave and a smile with her plum painted lips, continuing to turn the lock, they'd hustle into unlocking even more. They'd never wave back, but she just thought it was because they were shy under that tuff visage. Their comic book store remained open a lot later to the public than most of the shops on the boardwalk, so occasionally Salvatrice would stop by to see if she could pick up an issue of the Swamp Thing or the Tomb of Dracula. But recently her interest was in a new series released about a month ago: Elektra.