An Unplanned Visitor

Dark. Cold. The Prince with his Professor. Running through a dark tunnel. The floor is wet, covered by 5 inches of water. The Prince, not wearing any protection on his feet. While the Professor, only wearing slippers. Finally reaching the end of the hallway, come to a door. What looks to be the same door as the Princes Armour. They look at each other with confusion. This tunnel was supposed to lead outside near the horse stables. Each of them slowly press on both sides of the doorway. A sliver of light showing through. It grew larger the harder they pushed. The heavy doors swing open ending with a thud as it hits the outer frame. 

                    To their surprise, they see an older man sitting at a desk in a large, warm room lit by sun coming through tinted shades. Bookshelves as tall as the walls, act like wallpaper surrounding the room. Caspian sets his bare foot on the tile in front of him and notices how warm and how calm it made him feel. The two men feeling extremely out of place stand there. The strangers eyes fixed upon them. His gaze moves lower to their feet. A slight smirk appears on his face. He slowly takes his glasses off as he calls someones name. "Macready!" Caspian and his professor stood there in shock, unsure of what to say. After a few awkward moments, the old man broke the silence. "Well I didn't think you would arrive so soon! The room isn't even ready." Not knowing what he was talking about, Caspian looked at his professor hoping that he would reveal his fake ignorance in this situation. But alas, looking more dumbfounded than himself. "Were you expecting us, sir?" A woman, maybe in her 40's, came bursting through the door. 

                     Her hair undone, wearing sleeping garments. "What is it?" A tone of frustration was obvious. "Our guests have arrived before expected. Could you please notify the inn. Let them know to prepare the room as soon as possible." Realizing what the man was talking about, she turned to see the two arrivals standing in front of the open wardrobe. "I should be embarrassed, but you two look worse off. Follow me, lets get you cleaned up a bit. Other wise Ms. Amaline won't except ya'." The Professor holds his hand up. "Wait!" The Macready turns with a look of annoyance. "Not that we don't appreciate your hospitality, but we would prefer not to walk into this blindly." The old man stands up out of his chair. "Please forgive me. I am Professor Digory Kirke, and this is my keeper, Mrs. Macready." Still not knowing where they were, or why they were there, they still seemed hesitant to follow this snappy woman. 

"How did you know we were coming?"

"Caspian..." 

"How do you know who we are?"

"I am unable to explain at the moment."

"That's not good enough."

"All I can say is that, if both of you go back, you're dead."

"So you're protecting us?"

"You're here for a reason much more important than that."

"Who sent us?"

"Who would?" Professor Kirke looks at  them with a sarcastic smirke. "All I am here to do is make sure you two have somewhere to stay while your'e here." The Professor nudges Caspians arm as if to give in. "Now if you two don't mind, your car will not wait outside forever. You'll have to get cleaned up at the inn. I had some fresh clothes sent." Macready walked over and grabbed the arms of the guests and pulled them toward the door. They knew the only option they now had was to give in. She led them down a large, carpeted staircase. The Prince and his professor, in awe of how different everything looked. Like something out of a new world. Opening the front door letting in a blast of sunlight, Macready points outside. "Get in that car, they will take care of you from there. I will change into something more suitable and meet you." They began walking. "Professor, what is that?" Caspian points.

"A car i'm guessing." 

"What does it do?"

"Lets get in and find out." They drive off, the sun following behind them. 

Writers note~ I hope you enjoyed the second part. Give me some feedback, I accept kind criticism. Also, I do not own Caspian or majority of the characters. only the ones I made up along with the plot. The story was taken from The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian. You should always give credit where credit is due.