An Unplanned Emergency

Danteray, walking along the path that leads home. She didn't think the party was too exciting but she was glad she got to meet... well, whatever his name was. "I'm home!" She was greeted with a sharp pain on her cheek. Regaining focus, she sees her mother standing there. "Where the bloody hell have you been!?" Danteray looks to the side as her father barges through the door. "That's enough May! Don't get settled in, get to the car, now!" Still unaware of the chaos she just walked into, she obliges. Her dad, Rupert Parrish goes back inside. A few moments later, he comes back with his 15 year old daughter, Janisse, in his arms. Blood covering her face. "Watch her." Janisse is put into the back seat with Danteray. The car drives off leaving tire marks on the road. The trip was a loud one. May Parrish, in the front spewing out curse words at her eldest. Though they were hardly audible because of the condition her voice was in. Her sister next to her, was almost as loud as her mother, but it was involuntary. She couldn't help but cry as she coughed up blood into a bucket that Danteray was holding in front of her. Her father though, was silent. They reached the hospital and Janisse was slung over her fathers shoulder. He sets her down on a nearby bed and is rolled away by the wards staff, followed by her parents. Danteray stays standing there, stone cold. A million things rushing through her brain. "I shouldn't have gone." "Its all my fault." "My sister will die and its all my fault." Her knees gave out as she falls to the ground. Her face cupping her palms.

                                   "Susan, thank god you're here!" Danteray runs over to her close friend and buries her face in her shoulder.

"Ray, I can't believe this! Is she going to be ok?"

"Oh god, I don't know." Tears streaming from the worried girls face. They make their way upstairs to the room where her sister is resting. They got the coughing under control with a medicine that no one can pronounce the name of. Janisse lie there with sweat streaming from her forehead. "Maybe we should let her sleep." Susan begins to walk outside. "Wait, could you tell me a story? You always tell the best stories." the girl they thought was asleep, was in fact not. She had been drawn to sleep many times by Susan's magical stories. Danteray, generally was too busy to listen to them. But tonight she was all ears.

                                    ~Many years ago, a young boy, a Prince, was running around a grass field. He was being chased by two soldiers. "Wait! I'm getting tired!" One of the soldiers cried. "Can't we have a sword fight now?" The older soldier paused. The three of them out of breath. In reality, the younger soldier was not much older than the Prince. "Alright. I have some wooden swords back at the castle. I'll go get them." The Prince ran back toward his beautiful home. The two boys ran over to their sisters who were having a picnic underneath a large tree. Flowers slowly wafted down, falling on the blanket and landing in the brunette hair of the two girls.

                                                       Susan pauses, her grow eyes grow intense.

                                      The four children sit there waiting for their friend to return. The eldest boy gets up and heads over to the castle to make sure everything was ok. He walked through the gate and noticed everyone in an uproar. "The King is dead! The King has been killed!" The boy frantically searches for the Prince but is no where to be found.~

                                                      "Where do you come up with this stuff?" Danteray interrupts. Susan looks down and sees that Janisse had fallen asleep. "That's not the end, for next time then." Susan stands up and walks to the door. "Don't blame yourself Ray." Danteray's lips curl upwards.

Writers note~ And thus ends part 4. I hope ya'll enjoyed. Let me know if there is anything I could do to improve this story. It is my first and any help would be great. Read with an open mind and bear with me! Thanks for reading! Till next time.