Chapter 2: "Wrong boys"

Peter waved at me, and I saw Katherine smile. I wanted to hit her with something heavy. Yeah, maybe I was a little bit too cruel but I didn't like to be 'shippered' with anybody.

"Your..." started Kate.

"No," i interrupted her, walking towards Peter.

He smiled again and threw his hands up.

"I think you're haunting me!"

"Really? Does it look like I'm haunting you? Oh, sorry, sir, I was just trying to study some molecular biology!" I laughed.

Peter laughed too and ran his fingers through his hair. He suddenly stopped smiling, like if something kept reminding his it's wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" asked I, even though I knew. Gwen, "You don't talk to girls?"

"No I do, I just... Why don't you stop being so annoying?"

I was really taken aback. That boy had laughed at my jokes a minute before and then told me I was annoying! I grimaced like 'well, okay, bye' and went away to Kate as fast as I could. I felt Peter look at me, while I was taking books out of my bag.

I didn't explain anything to Kate, so she thought we simply finished out conversation and that's why I went away. I thought I shouldn't think about him too much, because I didn't even know him, but he was catchy as hell. I looked at him briskly and immediately turned red, because he was staring at me.

Finally, I came to the conclusion that he was just pretending to be a bad boy. Something inside him prevented him from being friends with a girl. I knew, particularly it was Gwen Stacy's death to blame, but I saw something else in his eyes. Something like... Responsibility?

The teacher stormed into a classroom, and as I looked at the clock I saw he was already late for fifteen minutes. His dark hair were wet from running through the hot streets and the bottle with water, he held in his hand, was almost empty. I supposed, he was nearly 27 years old.

"I am professor Stigins," he introduced, "But not to make me feel like an 80 yearls old buddy call me just Eric, ok?"

Girls started to giggle and I found it a little bit disgusting. I never liked over muscular boys, eating only high-protein food. He opened his large copybook and bit his lips. Girls giggled again. I looked around the class with face expression full of disgust. Some boys looked very disappointed. Professor raised his glance up to us and girls almost fainted. I looked at Peter. He was still staring me, so I looked away. I wondered what he thought about that playboy model.

"So, write down..." Eric started to deliver the lecture.

After a few minutes he asked a question.

"Who can remind us what is symbiosis? Maybe you, red-haired beauty?"

"Beauty has a name!" I protested.

"Ok, " he laughed with the whole auditory, "What's your name?"

"Cassie. And symbiosis is close and often long-term interaction between two or more different biological species. "

He nodded.

"Good. Write it down, people."

He winked at me and I shoved two fingers into my mouth. Professor's smile faded away. So I could finally feel pleased. I heard Peter giggle and smiled myself slightly.

So this lecture was very funny, you know. I just couldn't help but joking at poor Eric Stigins.

Other three lectures were very interesting, so I literally had no time even to look at Peter, but I felt him stare at me the whole time. After the third class was over, Peter found me near the university doors, when I was heading to restaurant to eat something.

"Wait, Cassie!" he shouted.

"What do you want?" I said.

"I wanna apologize," his cheeks turned red.

"Never mind!" I shook my head and started to move away, when he took my hand gently. An electric charge ran through my body.

"How about dining together?" he looked at me with big doe eyes.

"Sure," I said hoping that he ended up with bad boy appearance.