E i g h t

"I.." his eyes stay on mine as I search for the words.

I was suppose to be seducing him and yet here he was seducing me.

"And what if I told you I do," I say barely whispering.

"Then," he says taking his hands off the wall. "I'd tell you you're getting yourself into a game you won't be able to get out of."

"What if I want to play," I say sighing.

"Trust me, Sophia Rae," he says feeling my cheeks. "You don't want to play anything with a man like me."

His eyes stay on mine for a bit longer before he leans in closer.

I can feel his breath on my lips and just before our lips touch he stops.

A look comes across his face and I know instantly, the mood is killed.

"Go back downstairs," he says.
__

"Are you okay," Michael says handing me a drink.

"Uh, yeah," I say. "I'm just tired and I wanna go home."

"Already?" He asks taking my drink from me. "I didn't even get the chance to see you get wasted."

"Why in the world do you wanna get me drunk," I say taking my drink back. "Drunk me is also out of control me."

"Then I definitely have to get you drunk," he says. "Come on, it'll be fun and it'll get your mind over whatever happened upstairs."

To my better judgment, I follow him and we go up the stairs to a room filled with nothing but alcohol.

"What does the trick for you," he asks.

"I use to actually bartend," I say sitting down on a chair. "Shots."

"Really?" He says turning back around. He sets the shots down in front of me and raises his.

"Ready?" He asks.

Before we can clink, I've already downed mine.

I take a couple more and only then do I suddenly feel giggly.

"So," Michael says downing another one. "What brought you here?"

"You don't ask stupid questions like that when taking shots," I say downing another one. "You play truth or dare! Like this, truth or dare?" I ask.

"Truth," he says with a smirk on his face.

"You love that girl, r..right," I stutter out. "The one with the brown hair.. what was her name again? Lori?"

"Laila!" he shouts.

"Yesssss!" I say clapping. "That's her name! She has such a pretty name."

"She's so pretty," he says holding his chin up with his hand.

"What about me me me?" I ask. "Am I pretty?"

"You're hot!" He blurts out.

I begin to giggle uncontrollably.

"You you you think I'm hot?" I ask. "Thank you! You are too."

"Thank you," he says grabbing my chair by the legs.

He stares into my eyes and breaks out in a fit of laughter.

"What?" I whisper poking him.

"Your eyes are so pretty," he says sitting back up. "But not as pretty as Laila's!"

"Her eyes are soooooooo pretty," I say hiccuping. "Oh no!"

"She's soooooo pretty," he says closing his eyes.

"And Luca is so sexy!" I blurt out.

We both begin giggling once again.

"Another one!" He says pointing at the shots. "One for Laila and one for.. for.."

"For Luca!" I yell. "The sexy man!"

"To the sexy man and the girl with the pretty eyes!" Michael says raising our glasses.

"One more," I say!

"Absolutely!" Michael says.

By the time we said one more and our last drink, I get a groggy headache and feel myself being carried.

"Fuck," the person carrying me says as I wrap my hands around them.

"Fuck," I whisper back giggling.

I stare up to find Luca staring right back at me. His eyes seem as if they're staring into my soul.

"Sexy man," I say blushing. "You saved me." Before I know it, I fling my arms and knock him in the eye.

"Oops," I yell covering my mouth.

"Shit," he says holding his eye.

"I'm sorry," I say wobbling towards him. "Let me see."

"No," he says moving my hand away.

"Stoooooop," I whine. "Let me see."

He lets his hand down and I begin to blow in his eyes.

"Better?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything.

"Come on, let's get you to bed," is all he says as he reaches to pick me up again.

"I can walk," I say pushing him away. "You just want to touch me, don't you?" I ask my speech getting slurred.

Again, he doesn't say anything.

"Well, if you wanna touch me, you have to catch me," I say wagging my fingers.

I have a fit of giggles as I begin to run.

"Sophia," Luca says walking behind me. "Stop it."

"Come on," I say running faster.  I suddenly trip over something and hear a loud tear.

"Damn it," he says scooping me up. "Are you hurt?" He asks.

"My dress," I say looking at the tear. "It ripped."

"It's okay, I'll get you a new one," he says opening the door to a room.

"I'm gonna throw up," I say jumping out of his hold and into the bathroom.

My throat begins to burn as I feel as if everything I've drunk is making its way down.

The door opens and Luca watches me.

Once I'm done, he hands me a towel to wipe my mouth with, a pill, some water to drink.

"Thanks," I say taking it.

"Here," he says taking off his shirt. "Give me your dress so I can have someone wash it."

"Uh," I stare at his perfect body and am at a loss for words.

Holy shit.

"I'll leave you to shower and change," he says stepping out of the bathroom.

I undress myself and put my bra and under tease to the side. I quickly shower and slip into his shirt and nothing else.

I open the door quietly only to find him fast asleep. Against my better judgment, I get into the same bed as him and before I know it, I'm fast asleep as well.