{15}

It's been a week, Jared, Alana, and Zoe all stay at the apartment, working. While I have to go to my job. Everyday. Ugh.

So, Jared has found nothing but all of Connor's letters that he mostly read. This isn't new. Nothing's new. I keep telling Jared to give it up. This doesn't make any sense and I doubt it should be this easy. Besides, I've moved on. Yeah. Definitely.

"Uh.. Evan? You've been staring at me for the last two minutes.. aren't you gonna ask my order?"

Blinking a few times, I come to my senses and see that a line has now built up. Great. With guess who at the front?

"Wha- aHH I'm so sorry! That's not like me to space out on the job!" I ramble, eyes shut tight, scratching the back of my head.

"It's fine. Now, I believe there's a long line of inpatient customers." The man chuckles lightly.

I slowly open my eyes to see him. Of course. He is a daily customer. I should've expected this.

"G-Grayson! Yes.. uh, um... w-what can I get you?"

He smiles lightly and tucks a rogue strand of hair behind his ear. "I thought I was coming here long enough for you to already know what I want." He says, chuckling a little.

"Oh- I uh, guess I'm so used to asking the question! Double chocolate muffin or rainbow sprinkled doughnut this time?" I ask as he grabs his wallet out.

"How about both? Thanks." He smiles and I quickly turn around. Why does he have to look so much like him? Why?

"Sure." I say, walking towards where the bakery items were kept.

Quickly grabbing each of his preferred item, I gently place them into the small bag. Returning to the tall man, I smile and hand him the bag. "I'll be right back with the coffee."

He smiles and seems to have bitten his bottom lip. I take a deep breath as I turn around towards one of the many coffee machines. The coffee was already made, before I grabbed the two bakery items. Rushing, I put the lid on the hot cup and speed walk back towards the smiling customer. That always threw me off. Grayson always seems to be smiling, always sounding so... happy. But he literally has Co- his face. Connor, who only ever showed me his smiles. I was the only one he'd smile two, with the exception of Jared, obviously since we were friends.

But this ...boy. It just- ...I can't. It's so bad. My body feels all weird whenever I see him smile. At this I lightly shudder as I hand him his drink. "Here you are."

"Thanks Ev." He smiles, yet again. But I must've had a weird look on my face because then his eyes go a little wide.

"Did I-? No, I'm so sorry. I should've asked- Evan I'm really sorry.. it just came out-" He stumbles, actually looking flustered.

I laugh lightly, "No it's fine. All my friends call me Ev."

He sighs loudly, probably completely embarrassed with himself and looks back at me. "Well then, I'll see you later Ev."

"By Grayson." I smile.

"Stop staring Ev, the people in the line aren't looking too happy." He grins as he walks towards the door.

"Oh shut up." I laugh as I see him stick up his hand and shakes it to the side, probably still grinning. He looked pretty stupid holding a large cup of coffee with his pastry bag between his arm and chest.

I laughed and turned to the next person in line, "Hi, sorry for the wait. How may I help you?"

~~~

When I arrived to our "home" the other male was sitting on a table. Well more like laying on it while his head hung off the table.

"Hey, idiot. I brought some food." I through the bag at his chest and he flinched before sitting up while glaring at me.

"Thanks." He mutters before going through the bag and pulling out the rainbow sprinkles doughnut.

"Rainbow sprinkles-" he started.

"Your favorite." I say, "Yeah, I know. I'm not stupid."

"Really? I could name a few times where that isn't true." He slightly grins, biting into the doughnut.

"Oh shut up!" I laugh and take a sip of the black coffee. Wow I love black coffee so much. So much bitterness inside this cup.

He lifts his eyebrows up, probably laughing at me inside that crappy little head of his. He sits crossed legged on top the table, slowing devouring the rainbow doughnut.

"C'est vrai, mon ami." He grins and takes the last bite of his doughnut.

"What the hell does that even mean?" I laugh and stare at the male across the room.

"It's true, my friend." He says bluntly, as if I was the stupid one not to know this.

"Whatever, how do you even know that?"

"I'm secretly a French immigrant who moved here illegally, I had a rough family life so I decided to up and leave. Also I lost my French accent when I moved here." The man says without blinking and managed to say very bluntly.

Everything is blunt with him. I swear to God. Everything.

"Yeah ok sure." I roll my eyes and walk over to the pile of blankets covering the hard floor. Rummaging through all the crap, I find what I'm looking for and stand again.

"Hey you know Davey's load got here. You want to contact him or me? Honestly better if you do, just between you and me," I quickly walk closer to him and whisper, "I think he hates me."

The other boy laughs lightly and pushes my head away. "You're so stupid Gray!"

I start laughing as I stumble backwards, clutching my stomach. After we both stopped our laughing fits I look back at the young man I've know for a year now.

It was weird when we first met. He told me he was running from his family, I said I was running from my problems. Then we became friends. It's like we understood what the other was going through. We helped each other out, in a lot more ways than one.

I smiled up at the other boy I've grown closer to. He grinned back at me. He almost never did that. I was glad I got to see him smile.

He told me it was hard for him to smile after what happened to him. I told him he didn't have to tell me. He was grateful.

That was the beginning of the story of the boy I know as Grant Smith.

~~~
Hey guys! So I guess I'm back! Sorry about the wait, I'm writing as much as I can.

sTay WEirD my awesome readers ❤️

~Fro