1. I dream in the shape of your mouth

Sometime between episode 6 and 7, I think, or else sometime during episode 7, who knows?

-

The sound of his footsteps echoes as Kongpob makes his way down the hall. He's the only one out at this time, seeing as it's late; however, he knows he isn't the only one awake. His fist connects with the door gently, a soft knock to break the silence.

"P'Arthit," he tries once.

No answer.

Kongpob lets out a breath before pursing his lips. He lifts his hand to the door and knocks again.

"P'Arthit," he repeats.

He remains ignored.

Perhaps he should let up some; he moved here to take care of the elder, but it seems that he's more of a hindrance over anything else. Mind made up, Kongpob turns around to go back to his room.

It's as he's unlocking and opening his door that Arthit's open. Kongpob tenses before looking over at the older man.

"Kongpob," Arthit says, "you're back late."

Kongpob pockets his key before fully facing the elder. "I am," he agrees. "They made me do some extra errands today. Nothing challenging, just time consuming."

Arthit makes a sound of acknowledgement before glancing back into his apartment. When he turns back around, Kongpob is staring at him. "What?" he asks.

Kongpob smiles gently at him. "Nothing," he replies. "I just like looking at you."

Briefly, the two of them are reminded of their own flirting, Kongpob's admission and Arthit's response, "You can't look. My face is expensive," and, for a moment, Kongpob wonders if Arthit will reply similarly, but, instead, Arthit's mouth closes, and he glances away. When he looks back at Kongpob, it's clear he's trying to hold back a smile.

Kongpob's own smile widens. "P'Arthit," he begins, "I—"

"Goodnight, Kongpob," Arthit interrupts before he can finish; the elder then nods in his direction before rushing back into his apartment, leaving Kongpob alone in the hall once again.

Kongpob closes his mouth, the hand that had come up briefly when Arthit left lowering back to his side. He looks to the ground, nodding once. "Goodnight," he says back, but with Arthit back inside, it's really said to no one in particular. He goes into his apartment and shuts the door.

Before he falls asleep, his phone pings with a new text notification.

P'Arthit
Sleep well, Kongpob
11:24pm

Kongpob reads the message once. Then reads it again. He reads it one last time before smiling to himself and sending a message back, afterwards placing his phone back on the nightstand and closing his eyes.

In the next room, Arthit flushes red as he reads the text received.

Kongpob:)
You too, P'Arthit
I love you
11:25pm

-

They don't say it aloud, not often, at least. It's illustrated more in the silence, their actions over their words. Arthit wonders if the quiet is because of him. (Kongpob would argue that it's not, but the niggling feeling that it is because of him continues to bother Arthit every time he thinks about it.)

If it is Arthit's fault, can you blame him? He's not good with words. He can't spin silk from his lips, and, to be entirely honest, he's not sure if he wants to. He can leave that to Kongpob. The younger wrote him a love letter, even. Meanwhile, Arthit would rather not think of what he'd put. (What would he put?)