Got Your Back

"Eh bakit ang taba mo?"

"Mas okay nang mataba, 'no! Atleast, makakapagdiet. Eh ikaw, pangit ka. Wala ka nang pag asa," she smirked completely amused with his reaction.

"I'm not ugly, you fat ass."

"At least, may ass. Ikaw? Patpatin kasi." 

"Ugh! Shut u---"

"Mr. Reid, Ms. Lustre! Kanina pa kayo nakakaistorbo sa klase ko.Report to the principal's office immediately!"

"Ikaw kasi eh!" she said sitting down beside him.

"Ayaw mo nun, we got out of that boring class."

She laughed, "Oo nga 'no. Ayos na rin pala yun, kaso nasa Principal's office naman tayo nga---"

"Hey Nadz, tumataba ka ata!" Alvin said as he smirked at Nadine's shocked face.

"A-ano?! Anong sa----"

"Alvin, shut up! She's not fat, you dimwit." James said increasingly calm yet threatening.

She just looked at him. Ganito na talaga simula pa lang. Mag-aasaran, laging magkakainisan. They wouldn't classify each other as their friend yet at the end of the day, ipagtatanggol pa rin nila ang isa't isa.

Nadine looked down, 'Possible kayang...? Hindi hindi! Hindi pwede yun! Pero bakit hindi pwede? Wala namang masam---'

"Hoy, Nadine. Okay ka lang?" her thoughts were interrupted by James who lifted her chin up. She just stared at him. 

"Let's go someplace else." he dragged her to the back building of their school.

"Are you okay? I took care of Alvin. He said he's sorry daw." 

She looked up at him, he was trying to read her expressions yet he couldn't make anything out of it, "Huy, okay ka lang ba?"

"..."

"Nasaktan ka ba dun sa sinabi nung mokong na yun?"

"..."

"Sorry din kanina ha, kasi tinawag din kitang mataba."

"..."

"I didn't intend to hurt you naman eh."

"..."

"Sorry, Alexis." he looked her in the eyes and she did the same. Before he knew it, her lips crashed into his. He was completely frozen, taken aback by what this girl was doing. He managed to close his eyes until she pulled away.

"James."

"W-Why did you do that?"

"Cause..."

"What?" 

"I just felt like it."

His eyes widen. She chuckled and pinched his cheek, "Cute mo. Para kang babae."

He stared at her for a while, she was still making fun of him. He then grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss that she did not expect. He pulled away just in time to see her face burning red. He smirked, "Now, that's a kiss."

She frowned, "Sana sinabi mo nalang."

"Na ano?"

"Na gusto mo ako." he looked at her and smiled.

"Then where's the thrill there?" he smirked and grabbed her waist as they walk through the empty corridors. 

"It's certainly much better than having to endure your bullying, jerk." she pouted.

He held her cheek, "I'm sorry. Torpe kasi ako eh. That was the only way I know to get closer to you, to reach you."

She smiled, "And I to you. Kahit naman palagi tayong nag aasaran, pinagtatangol pa rin naman natin ang isa't isa eh." he chuckled.

"I've always got your back." 

"And I've got yours." she smiled,

"Plus, your heart." he smiled.