Our Deal

"Remind me again how we ended up here?" Nadine said playing with her pasta.

James smirked and got to her, "Well, okay. For starters, we got into a fight."

"Uhuh. Then?"

"We got sent into the principal's office for the 5th time this month."

"Yeah?"

"They called in our parents. Our mothers, to be exact."

"Mhhm?"

"Seems like they were best friends since high school and promised to make their children date each other, which was us."

"Got that part."

"We made a deal. You made me agree to this shit because that's the only way your mom will give you back your credit card privileges."

"And?"

"And in exchange, while we're dating, I can make your life miserable."

She faced him confused, "And how do you exactly plan to do that?"

He put his arm around her, "You can't fall in love with me."

She chuckled, "Di naman ata mahirap sundin yan, James. There's no thrill eh," she got closer to his face, "You see, you're not my type."

He smiled, "If you say so, Nadine."

She smirked, "Ganito na lang, whoever falls for the other loses and has to do one thing for the other, okay?"

"Deal."

"Girl! Kanino yan galing?" Nicole said habang tinutulak-tulak ang kaibigan niya sa sobrang kilig.

Nadine slammed her locker shut after getting the bouquet of flowers, "Kay James."

"Sabi ko na nga ba, magkakatuluyan rin kayo eh! Kasi diba the more you hate, the more you---"

"Love?" singit ni James sa usapan ng magkaibigan.

Siniko naman ni Nicole ang kaibigan, "Oh sige na, mauuna na ako sa inyo, love birds!" then walked to her next class.

"Oh, ba't nandito ka?" she said annoyed.

"Well, you're my girlfriend now, aren't you?" he smiled at her and took her bag and books.

She smiled secretly as he took her hand and walked her to their next class.

"Gutom na ako!" she pouted and slammed her head against the canteen table.

"Wait lang, babe. Eto na oh, I made your favorite!"

Her head shot up only to see James holding up a tupperware full of salmon sashimi. She smiled brightly at him and hugged him, "Thank you!"

It's been a month since they've been together and all that she's thinking about is if she's falling in love with him, or if maybe she already fell for him.

"What are you doing?" she said coldly.

"Masama bang lambingin ang girlfriend ko?" he said as he rested his head on her shoulder while hugging her from behind.

"James."

He made her face him, "What's wrong?"

She faked a smile, "You won."

"What do you m--"

"I'm in love with you, okay? Are you happy now? You've made my life miserable enough knowing that even though I have you now, I can never be sure if you feel the same!"

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Kasi ayokong mawala ka!"

James smiled, "I won."

Inis na tumingin sa kanya si Nadine, "I just professed my love for you and that's all you have to say?"

He just smiled. She scoffed, "I can't believe I fell in love with you."

"May I remind you that because you lost, you'll need to do something for me." he smirked.

She frowned, "What is it?"

"Be my girlfriend, for real this time."

She was shocked, "D-does that mean th-"

"Yes, I love you too. You can't back out now, ha? That's our deal!" he smirked as he pulled her closer.

She was smiling at him when she remembered something, "Kelan mo pa ako mahal?"

"Tagal na. I just waited for you to finally give in para romantic tignan." he said winking at her.

"Jerk."