Settling In

~Mi na's POV~

After riding in the car for a couple of hours, we reached Jasper, Nevada. It felt pretty weird at first, since I'm not used to this, but I think I'll be fine.

Soon, we pulled into a driveway that belonged to their house. They're house looked pretty nice too.

I got out the back seat and I opened the trunk to get my suitcases out

I got out the back seat and I opened the trunk to get my suitcases out. Mrs. Baker closed the trunk for me and I rolled my suitcases into the house. They led me upstairs to an empty room. The only thing in the room was a Tv,  a bed, a night stand, and an empty desk.

"This is our guest room, we keep this room open when family comes down or when we get a kid from the exchange program." Mrs. Baker said.

"You've done this before?" I asked, trying not to mess up.

"Oh yes, we've had kids from all over the world here, but this is our first time getting one from Korea." Mrs. Baker said.

"Oh.. cool." I said.

"I see you also practiced English." Mr. Baker said.

"Yeah, it was one of the languages I took at my old school." I said.

"That's nice." Mrs. Baker said.

"Thanks." I said.

"We've also seen your school records too. Your parents must've kept you pretty advanced." Mr. Baker said.

"I guess so.. I choose to stay ahead, so I have more time doing things I like." I said.

"Oh, and what things do you like to do." Mrs. Baker asked.

"I like to do computer coding, robotics, and stuff like that." I said.

"Nice, my oldest son who went off to college last year, likes to do the same thing as well." Mr. Baker said.

"Quite the computer genius if I say so myself." Mrs. Baker added in.

"Cool. Does he still come around?" I asked.

"Oh yes, he comes around during school breaks and the summer." Mrs. Baker said.

"Cool.. maybe I can meet him sometime." I said.

"Speaking of summer.. Is that when the program ends?" I asked.

"Yes, but you could also stay during the summer if you and your parents don't mind it." Mrs. Baker said.

"Oh, what about the next school year, like would I go back then.. or?" I asked.

"Maybe.. I never got to know. Most kids that we had here wanted to go back to their countries once school was out." Mrs. Baker said.

"Oh.." I said.

"Well, anyways.. go ahead and settle in for a little bit. We'll go to the school you'll be going to so you can meet your homeroom teacher and get to know all your classes." Mrs. Baker said as she walked to the door, closing it gently.