26: Auction

Their lips were barely an inch apart when Sage stopped moving. "Kidding." He chuckled. "Hindi kita pwedeng sanayin sa mga halik ko."

Pumikit si Ken at huminga nang malalim para mapigilan ang sarili niyang sampalin ang lalaki sa harap niya. Marahan niyang itinulak palayo si Sage pero sa matigas na abs siya napahawak. Nilipat niya 'agad ang kanyang mga kamay para sa braso na lang itulak ang binata pero sa toned triceps naman siya napahawak. A blush crept on her face as she let go of his arms.

"Ano bang kailangan mo?" She finally agreed to help him out para matigil na ang kahibangang ito. Baka masira na kasi ang ribcage niya sa lakas ng tibok ng puso niya matapos ang ginawa ni Sage.

His dimples showed as a wide grin appeared on his face. Nainis si Ken dahil walang anumang bakas ng pagkailang kay Sage. Halatang sanay na sanay na itong manlinlang ng mga babae.

"Claire will be bidding for a certain piece of art at the charity auction later. Kailangan mo lang taasan ang bid niya," Sage said.

"What the hell? Bakit mo naman siya pipigilang bumili ng painting? Isa pa, wala akong pambayad."

"Hindi 'yon painting. Akong bahala sa pambayad. Just outbid her, the price is not an issue. You also don't need to claim the art piece in the event that you win, baka gusto ni Lily," Sage said.

"Wait, ba't 'di na lang ikaw ang mag-bid?"

Sage's phone beeped and he quickly glanced at the screen. "No time to explain, I have to go. Basta, please, huwag mo siyang hahayaang manalo. And you might want to bid anonymously."

She watched him jog back to the direction of the auditorium. Sage was being very shady but it ignited her curiosity.

Ken checked her phone but there was no update from Lily so she just returned to the auditorium. Umupo siya sa pinakagilid sa likod at naglagay ng tissue packet sa katabi niyang upuan para i-reserve si Lily.

Matapos ang ilang minuto, umakyat sa stage ang kapatid ni Sage. "Good evening to all!" Teri said as she stepped on the podium. "Thank you so much for taking your time to attend Minerva International School's seventy-fifth alumni homecoming. As you all know, the charity auction is held every year. We usually auction off artwork of some very talented alumni but this year, the committee decided to put a twist in the auction. Of course, we'll still be giving the proceeds to the chosen charitable organizations but instead of bidding for art pieces, we will be conducting a charity date auction!"

The curtains rose to reveal ten ridiculously handsome guys at syempre, isa doon si Sage. At that moment, everything he was being shady about became clear. Claire was obviously going to bid for Sage and she was supposed to keep her from winning. And she was definitely going to be an anonymous bidder.

To be frank, if Ken wanted to make Sage's life a little more difficult, this was a perfect opportunity. Simple lang lang kailangan niya gawin—huwag mag-bid at hayaang manalo si Claire. He'd be obligated to go on a date with his ex, they'd be headlines of entertainment news, he'd have less time to bother Lily, and maybe he'll get back together with Claire... For some reason that made her stomach drop.

Sige na nga, mag-bi-bid na 'ko.

* * *

Squeals of excitement were heard from the audience after Teri's announcement. Standing between Tristan and Valerian, Sage flashed his brightest smile to the audience.

"Alam ko kung bakit ako binubugaw ng kapatid ko eh pero how the hell did you two end up here?" he asked the two guys beside him through gritted teeth.

"I don't even want to talk about how she tricked me into doing this," Valerian responded.

"Your sister is very cunning," matipid na sagot ni Tristan. His attention returned to his sister on the podium. May powers talaga si Teri.