56: Fitting

Ken and Sage locked eyes for a second before Sage averted his gaze. "May client ka pala, Tita."

The fact that he pretended not to know her made Kendra's heart drop. Pero sino ba siya para magreklamo? Siya naman ang nagsabing dapat na siyang kalimutan ni Sage.

"Sage! I didn't know you were coming," the designer, a petite woman in her early forties said. Margaret's eyes twinkled in delight as she greeted Sage who handed her a box of cake.

"Thank you, hijo. You're so thoughtful and yes, I'm with a client. This is Miss Yumi. Miss Yumi, this is my nephew, Sage," she cheerfully introduced the two, completely unaware of how intimate they have been in the past.

Ngumiti si Sage, 'yong labas ang dimples pero hindi abot sa mata. In-offer nito ang kanyang kanang kamay kay Ken. "Nice to meet you, Miss Yumi."

"Likewise," she replied, accepting the handshake and returning his smile. The feeling of his palm touching hers sent a sensation through her body. Lumingon si Ken sa designer. "Ms. Margaret, I didn't know you had other plans. Sorry talaga na na-late ako."

"No worries! 'Di naman kita masisising delayed ang flight mo," she replied. "Pero okay lang bang dito muna si Sage so we can chat? I'll also need his assistance later. Kukunin ko lang 'yong veil so you can try it on with the dress."

Tumango lang si Ken. The designer went out of the room, leaving the two in an awkward silence. She rubbed her arms and tried hard to keep eyes on the floor to avoid his stare that made every cell in her body conscious.

* * *

Sage couldn't help but rake his eyes upon the stunning girl in front of him. The a-line cut of her white organza wedding dress complimented her slim frame. He had difficulty avoiding looking at the sweetheart neckline. May nag-uudyok sa kanyang asarin si Ken na push-up bra ang nagdadala sa dibdib nito pero nagawa niyang magpigil.

"Bagay na bagay sa kanya, 'no?"

"Yeah, she's very beau—I mean, of course!" Sage snapped out of his trance. He almost jumped when he heard his aunt's cheery voice. "She's the client of the best dressmaker in the world. Syempre, bagay sa kanya 'yong damit."

Margaret giggled. "Ikaw talaga, ang hilig mo pa rin mambola! Siya, help me put this veil on Miss Yumi. Ang hirap maging underheight." She pouted as she handed the veil to him.

"Uh, okay." Sage accepted the mid-length wedding veil hesitantly and walked behind the bride-to-be. It was made of soft tulle and had a metal comb attached to it which he carefully tucked just above Ken's bun.

"Gamitin mo 'to para maayos." The designer handed him a couple of bobby pins which he used to secure the veil. "And this should go in front of the veil." She then gave him a diamond-encrusted tiara.

* * *

Lumipat si Sage sa harap ni Ken para isuot sa kanya ang tiara. She kept her eyes away from his but she could feel her face heating up and her heart racing. The fluttery feeling in her stomach intensified as she caught a whiff of the familiar musky scent of his aftershave.

At mukhang hindi rin naman siya ang nag-iisang may kakaibang nararamdaman. Dahil sa height difference nila, kitang-kita niya ang pagtaas-baba ng Adam's apple ni Sage nang lumunok ito nang ilang beses. She also felt his slow, heavy breaths on her forehead.

Sumabit ang hinliliit ni Sage sa buhok niya matapos nitong maisuot sa kanya ang tiara kaya nahulog sa mukha ni Ken ang ilang hibla ng buhok. Sabay nilang sinubukang ayusin ang nagulong buhok kaya nagtama ang kanilang mga daliri.