Chapter 21

(Niall’s POV)

I think I have hit an all time low in my life, erm, I mean death. I had been so used to just wandering the halls of the school, looking into al the little details that I had missed over the years I had spent there. I went on, day to day like it was a never ending cycle, but I knew that as soon as Zayn had a hold of my necklace, my death would soon come to an end and I could move on. Move on to where? I didn’t know. Zayn had no clue as well, but what he did tell me, as we lied there on his bed, was that whenever someone left this world behind there was an odd feeling of peace that was felt in the area.

I guess that gave me a feeling of relief, even though I was still sad. I had finally gotten close with Zayn, like I had hoped and wished for to happen for years, and soon it was all going to be ripped away from me.

“I want to call an anonymous tip in about Mr. Tanner. Louis said it might be a good idea. And now with them already on his trail because of the accident-“ Zayn went on and on about the various ways that he could catch Mr. Tanner. Honestly, I didn’t care anymore. I wasn’t held captive by him anymore, and I was already dead. So what could we really do about him? Send him to jail? I just wanted him out of my life, and well, I had no life since I was dead, so what do we really do? I figured that it was Zayn who wanted him gone the most, like some sort of revenge plan.

“Zayn.” I spoke up, nuzzling my face into his neck. His skin was hot and I knew that my presence was starting to make him sick again. “Zayn, stop.” I hushed him with a small peck to his cheek. He blinked and looked down at me.

“What? Why?” He pulled me up with him as he sat in his bed. “Niall, we’re so close to getting rid of him for good.” He really wasn’t going to give it up. “And then everything will be okay and I can help you move on.” He fumbled with my necklace and brought it to his lips, kissing it. The action made my body shiver.

I sighed and pushed away from Zayn. He gave me a look of confusion and I just shrugged. “I know you want to do everything and anything to get Mr. Tanner to pay for what he did.” I scooted away from him and got up from the bed. Zayn kept watching me with those big brown eyes of his. “But, I just want to say my goodbyes and go. I don’t need anymore of this. I’m slowly falling back into routine where I just wait around for things to happen, even though I know they won’t-“

“That’s why I’m trying so hard, Niall. I want to change things.” Zayn spoke up, cutting me off. I got a little flustered by his sudden rise in volume. “I’m sick of people getting away with whatever they want to do.”

“Zayn, stop.” I mumbled, standing back. He continued on and I was done listening to him. For once I wanted to be heard. I wanted things to just go my way and I didn’t want people walking all over me for once in my existence. “Zayn! I said stop!” I yelled, my voice booming and shaking the room around me. The window cracked and Zayn was left speechless and staring, wide eyed at me. I looked around the room and saw that the things on Zayn’s desk had fallen over. When I looked back over to Zayn he was wiping something away from his nose. When he pulled his hand away I saw the blood on his fingers. His nose was bleeding.

“N-Niall. I need you to calm down.” He spoke weakly. “I didn’t mean to upset you.”