Princess Yona

I watched as the clouds slowly drifted across the vast blue sky. The wind gently blew, making me relax. In the distance I could vaguely hear voices, but they gradually became softer.

The ceremony is probably over already. I sat up and stretched my arms. Ever so swiftly, I grabbed the edge of the roof I was laying on and swung over the edge and into the open window of the room.

Looking up I sighed. "Yona~ the ceremony is probably over. Can't you just pick one?" I asked my childhood friend. She turned to me, puffing out her cheeks.

Her beautiful violet eyes showed some annoyance. "Kiri, I can't just pick one! Soo-Won is going to be here any minute! Which do you think I should wear?" She asked.

I glanced at the kimono covers. "Do you need to wear one? What you're wearing now is fine by itself." She sighed, shaking her head and turned to Min-Soo.

"Why did I ask her again?" She asked him. He shrugged but smiled lightly. I frowned at the two. "Hey now." I warned, making them laugh.

I smiled lightly, staring at Yona as she laughed. I've known her ever since we were kids. In fact, I'm one of her bodyguards along with my brother.

The princess with hair that looks like its fire itself. She's very well known here in the capital. Even all over, people have heard the rumors of the princess with the strange hair. But truth be told, everyone who sees it is instantly bewitched by it.

It's strange really. Yona is very beautiful, but it's pretty incredible how many people she attracts based on looks by themselves. What's the real charm is her personality. She's a really amazing person. I'm glad to call her my best friend.

However . . . I sweat dropped as I watched her judge the two. "I will never understand your problem with clothes and your appearance." I said shaking my head.

She frowned at me. "Well I don't understand how you don't have problems with it. Normal girls do."

I gave her a flat look and pointed at the spear in its holster on my back. "In case you forgot, I'm not like normal girls." She laughed nervously and sweat dropped. "I did forget actually."

"Well, Kiri isn't normal in general." A new voice spoke. I turned and shot an annoyed look at my adoptive brother who stood by King Il, ruler of the Kouka Kingdom, and Yona's father.

He doesn't look like much of a king. He's a rather chubby man with a smile always on his face and an air head atmosphere about him.

But he is the king I chose to serve. I turned my gaze back to my brother. A tall man with dark hair and narrow blue eyes. He's pretty much any girl's heartthrob hero.

What with his large muscular built, mystery air, and his cold look. He has that bad boy air to him. Which is almost opposite of his obedient character. No matter how much he tries to hide it. "I don't want to hear that from you." I stated, placing a hand on my hip.

Yona turned upon hearing the new voices. "Father! What happened to the ceremony?" She asked. I bowed my head to him briefly as he entered the room.

"As you can see, it's over." He responded, not a hint of anger in his voice. "No way! I'm sorry, I . . ." Yona trailed off and looked down guiltily.

King Il laughed, not at all bothered by it. "No worries. It's just a formality anyways. No need for you to show up." He reassured her. I raised an eyebrow.

Wasn't it to announce her birthday coming up? Oh well. "Hey, father . . . is my hair weird?" Huh? I looked at her like she was crazy. What the? Is she still going on about that.