Where There's a Will, There's a Way

I stared down at the officers walking across the path, pulling along carts filled with the villagers belongings. I clucked my tongue, adjusting the bamboo straw hat on my head.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Seems like these guys are underestimating us, huh?" I asked, tilting my head, amusement crossing me.

Hak smirked, adjusting his straw hat as well as he peered down at them, like they're insects. Which they are. "They sure are. So, Princess, are you up for another performance?"

Yona smiled before turning to face them as well, her face changing to a serious one. "You officers over there! Stop right there!" She called out in a strong voice.

They immediately stopped in their tracks and looked up at us as we stood on the ledge above them. "Who are you?!" The one seemingly in charge demanded aggressively. But that didn't falter Yona's determination.

"This land has become our territory! Hand over all your money if ya value your lives!" She continued on, acting like a bandit. No, like Gi-Gan.

The officers murmured, looking us over with scrunchinizing gazes.

"Bandits?"

"They don't seem to be big in number."

"Hey, do away with them quickly."

I scoffed at that last one. As if you small fries could even be of an inconvenience to me. Annoyance? Most definitely. But they're not worth anything. "Well spoken scum! Keep your eyes and look carefully! We are the fierce Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch!" Yona announced.

This all started three days ago. After we chased out the officers that came to the village we followed Yoon back to.

To protect the land the best way three outlaws and four Dragons could, we became bandits who claimed the territory we travelled to.

I guess we're like the pirates and Gi-Gan that way. Never pressurizing the citizens, only the officers.

And it works well.

~

Of course taking out all those officers was child's play. Honestly, I'm glad these men aren't soldiers or else our kingdom would be in a world of trouble. It's really pathetic.

As soon as we took care of the officers, we brought everything back to the village they had taken it from. I kept a sadistic smirk on my face, as is my role. To play the part of being bandits It's necessary for the villages in the surrounding area know it.

If we're 'bad' and make sure that the villages have no choice but to obey us, they'll be able to say it was all our fault when officers say something about it. So we had to look as menacing and evil as we could, and act like it to the best of our abilities.

Which for some of them, namely Yona, Kija, and Zeno, is a lot harder than it is for the rest of us. But that's because they have pure hearts.

Well, Shin-Ah has one too, but he doesn't speak and he has the mask that kinda creeps people out and what not.

But for Hak, Jae-Ha, and I, it came rather easily. I'm not sure if that's something to be glad about but it works so I'm not going to fight it.

We began handing out the things the officers had taken unjustly. "A-Are these the taxes the officers took before?!" The village head asked in disbelief and confusion.

"If ya don't wanna get hurt, put it away in a chest!" Yona barked.

I did my best to repress a smile. She's so cute when she's pretending to be intimidating. "They're good people?" A villager asked, sweat dropping.