Morning of Pledges

I laughed at the pirate who fell over, already too drunk. I slammed my mug down, grinning cheekily. "You're a hundred years to early to take me on in a drinking contest." I laughed at him.

His eyes are spinning. Kid can't hold his liquor. "Hm? Kiri." Hak called. I turned to my brother curiously. He's standing now, no longer drinking. "Where did the Princess go?" He asked me.

At this I instantly perked up and stood as well. "She might have gone on a walk to get some air. I mean she was locked in a room then a ship for a while."

He nodded and turned, heading in the direction of town. "Ah, I'll come with!" I called, securing my spear to my back before jogging after him. We walked around, looking for her together.

"Geez, can't she ever just sit still?" Hak grumbled. I merely chuckled at his words.

"What's the fun in that?" I asked. He smirked at that. If Yona wasn't Yona we wouldn't be here now would we?

In all seriousness, where is she? And I was having fun. It's been a while since I was able to relax and drink.

Last time I was able to, gramps found me and whipped me with that damn fan of his. I mean who cares if I was technically too young to do so?

Ah.

A chill went up my spine and my heart squeezed tightly. It's painful. What is it? Did I drink too much? But . . . for some reason I feel-

A familiar cry cut through the air. Hak and I turned in the direction. "Yona?" I whispered. Without saying anything else, Hak and I took off in a sprint in the direction of her cries.

As we turned the corner, there she was. She was on the ground, head down, crying. Yona!

Hak and I quickly went to her side and crouched next to her. "Princess! Hey, what's wrong?! What-" She just cried harder.

Now that we're this close to her, I see she has her hand over her mouth, trying to muffle her cries.

It didn't work.

The pain in her cries is louder then she expected. My blood ran cold and I looked down the path she was faced.

Soo-Won . . . it's you, isn't it?

She hasn't cried this hard since that time. The only time she cried like this . . . I clenched my fists and my blood lust rose.

Soo-Won. Soo-Won!!

~

I eyed her from the side. After she finished crying and composed herself, the three of us headed back.

Now Yona is overly cheerful. She's forcing herself.

"Master, I challenge you to a drinking contest!" A younger pirate came up to me. I glanced at him briefly before closing my eyes. "No thanks, I've had my fill for the day." I was no longer tipsy, and I have no intention of drinking anymore.

I sobered up as soon as I heard her painful cries.

I was careless. I fooled around when I should have been alert, as always.

There's no telling when she'll be in danger. And there's no telling if we'd ever run into him again.

What he's doing in Awa is beyond me. But the fact that he saw Yona, no, the fact she saw him is a threat in itself. I never wanted her to see him again.

Because he is the one who took away her smile, her happiness. He is the one who subjugated us into darkness. He destroyed them. Yona and Hak.

The two most precious people to me. What he's done has damaged them both greatly.