Thirteen

“Alright fine, but if something bad happens I want you to run and call the police. okay?” he asked me and I nodded in response. We both quietly and swiftly tiptoed through the house to the kitchen. There was another loud thud which made me jump. Taehyung saw that I was afraid and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“It’s alright, I’m here.” he said and smiled. Taehyung continued to walk towards the kitchen and followed closely behind him. We finally reached the kitchen and there was another loud thud We both hid behind the kitchen counter and heard a voice.

“Aish, everything’s so heavy. I can’t believe I bought so much.”

That voice… it sounds so familiar. I was so distracted by Taehyung’s broad shoulders that I couldn’t focus on whose voice it was. I didn’t even notice that there was someone behind us now.

“Ji-Su? Taehyung? What are you guys doing?” I was startled and looked up. I saw two eyes looking straight at us.

“Mum?” I said confused and stood up. “Was that you making all that noise?”

“Huh? Do you mean the loud thuds?” my mum asked as she smiled at me. “If you’re referring to that then yes, it was me.”

“That was your mum making all that loud noise? Thank goodness it was only her. We thought someone broke in or something.” Taehyung said with a big sigh of relief. We all stood there and started laughing.

“It’s a good thing you guys are alert.” my mum said and looked at me. “Ji-Su, may I speak with you for a moment?” My mum asked. I nodded and followed her into the living room while looking back at Taehyung with an apologetic smile.

“I'm sorry for not telling about the wedding Ji-Su. I should have told you about it as soon as I was told. I couldn’t do anything but agree. I know you’re against it but please try and get along with him.” she said.

“It’s okay mum. I know you’re sorry and it’s also my fault. I shouldn’t have overreacted but I was overwhelmed and hearing it from Taehyung’s dad didn’t make it any better.” I said with an apologetic smile. I reached out to my mum and hugged her. We stood there in each others warm embrace.

“Oh, am I interrupting something?” I turned around and saw Taehyung standing there.

“No, you’re not.” I said as I turned around and faced my mum with a big smile. She smiled back at me and we all headed back to the kitchen.