n i n e

"I think I like you

"I think I like you."

"pardon?" soonyoung doesn't hear. the boy is too focused on his lessons to even pay attention to the rest of the world. he removes his left earbud and repeats his question, then jihoon snaps back to reality and hits his forehead with his palms, his cheeks going red. "n-nothing, go back to studying."

"okay then. If you need help, tell me, okay?"

"yes, thank you."

jihoon sighs and hopes that soonyoung really didn't hear what he said, even just a word. It's something too weird to say out of nowhere, especially during study time. he doesn't want the boy to think that he's getting off his rocker for that would draw a distance.

7 o'clock, soonyoung catches the time. he doesn't have classes because it's the 31st of december but he's supposed to be at a friend's house. his phone rings and damn right, it's from lee chan: "hyung are you going to be here for the new year? junhui and minghao hyung are here now!" the boy averts his gaze to jihoon who has been studying and writing little songs out of his science notes for the past two hours. he can't just leave him here. It's lonely.

he apologizes to chan, saying that he couldn't get there and that he'll make it up to them next time. he texts, hits send then turns to his roommate. "jihoon, it's seven. what do you want for dinner?"

"we got ramen."

"just ramen?"

jihoon scowls at him. "do you hear yourself? at least we have something. there's children that are starving, soonyoung."

soonyoung throws his head back, laughing. "oh come on, I didn't mean it like that. It's new year's eve! we have to make it special, don't you think?" he says. "we have to study-" jihoon gets cut off trail when soonyoung takes his hand and pulls him, dragging him to the dresser. soonyoung takes a few clothes and gives it to jihoon, who isn't really sure what to do with it. "wear these and let's go out, okay?" soonyoung says with a smile.

after a few minutes, jihoon is all dressed up in soonyoung's clothes, making him look like a different person, almost a little more stylish. the colors on his sweater perfectly suit his blonde hair. soonyoung then exits the bathroom with contacts on, making jihoon's heart jump a little. he always looks jaw dropping.

"do I look okay?"

Geez, when will he stop asking me that? jihoon muses. "you look great, soonyoung." "that makes you stunning then." soonyoung says and casually walks up to him, fixing his slightly messed up hair. jihoon has his eyes closed as his roommate does the job. "are you done yet?" he asks, eyes still closed. "something's missing," soonyoung mutters, tapping his chin with his finger while eyeing jihoon from head to toe. the younger hears soonyoung pull the drawer once more and seconds later, he feels something on the top of his head.

"voilà!" aoonyoung exclaims, turning jihoon to his left to face the mirror. the latter opens his eyes and sees himself with a beret, something that he didn't expect to look good on him and tie the outfit altogether. he's impressed, it seems that soonyoung really knows how to put pieces together.

"where are we even going?" jihoon asks. soonyoung takes both of his hands again and holds tightly onto them. he could tell that jihoon is tense with the way his soft hands feel stiff and shaky. soonyoung's thumbs graze over the back of the boy's palms, calming him down. "there's this place that I really want to check out with you. Is that okay, jihoon?" he gives him a squeeze.

jihoon avoids his gaze. "y-yeah, I'm okay with it."