t w e l v e

soonyoung continues to look at jihoon, his eyes looking at him with great admiration

soonyoung continues to look at jihoon, his eyes looking at him with great admiration. to him, seokmin was too bright, too much to describe, and he thinks that jihoon has something that makes him different. although he shines brightly like seokmin, he isn't too blinding, he is just like the rays of the sun that filters through the white blinds in his room at dawn, simply striking, simply beautiful.

"your giant friends told me that you watched my performance and that the flowers were from you, jihoon."

jihoon mutters "jesus christ." he's very tempted to head over to mingyu's dorm and set him on fire for new year. soonyoung mentioned "giant friends" though he believes wonwoo wouldn't do such thing, but then he pulls a face when he remembers the time when wonwoo almost told soonyoung they watched his performance.

looks like he's about to bury two bodies this coming january.

"and remember the time you slept with me?" soonyoung asks

"w-what the fuck?" jihoon stutters. soonyoung stops for a moment, trying to decipher the boy's response and the expression painted on his face. he breaks into laughter when he gets it. "I didn't mean it like that! I mean, when we had matching shirts and you cuddled with me. then we-"

"I know, soonyoung, I remember." jihoon replies. "It's not like we did something else."

"I mean-who knows?"

"no. fuck you."

"wow you're so cute." soonyoung beams at him.

"oh god." jihoon mumbles, cupping his own face and drowning in distress. "soonyoung, look. I-"

"you?"

"i-"

before jihoon could spit the words out, fireworks started to aim for the sky, exploding in multicolors. jihoon sighs, confused whether he should be thankful or sad that he didn't get to say what he feels about the boy. the older one jumps up and down like a five year old while pointing at the sky, "jihoon, look, they look like rockets!"

he takes jihoon's freezing hand while jumping in excitement, telling him to do the same. normally, the younger would say no to any kind of "stupidity" (as he likes to put it) because he doesn't show the softer, more childlike side of his. however, in this case, soonyoung is just too cute, jihoon can't resist him. they skip around as fireworks splash colors on earth's ceiling. at point, jihoon's beret falls and soonyoung stops to pick it up and place it back on the boy's head, then they start jumping up and down again.

jihoon thinks it's embarrassing and his cheeks are hurting from how wide he's smiling, but who cares? what matters is that he's happy to be with soonyoung at this moment.

soonyoung shouts 'happy new year' with so much enthusiasm while jihoon does it with little to no energy at all. he's exhausted from all the jumping.

after a little while, soonyoung notices that jihoon isn't even looking the fireworks display, but at him. he sits back down and sighs, "are you okay? should we go home?"

"no."

"but it seems like you're not enjoying at all."

"it's not that, soonyoung," jihoon looks at him, "it's just that the fireworks would look so much better when reflected on your eyes."

a sweet smile spreads across soonyoung's face upon hearing an unexpected reply. he places his palm on the back of jihoon's head, with the younger closing his eyes to feel soonyoung's lips gently press against his eyelid. he hears him whisper as he draws back and smiles, "I love you, jihoon. happy new year."

"I love you too, soonyoung."