His Perfect Imperfections / Chapter 18

Talk about massively embarrassing. My face burned hot as I dug my fingernails into my forearm. The principal sat across from me, silent, but I could tell he was realizing this was far worse than he thought. Slowly he began to rise from his chair.

"Alex," he started, his tone far softer than before. "How long has this been happening?" I didn't answer that. I was done answering questions. I just wanted to sink into my chair, hopefully disappear from existence.

He turned to the door and walked out. "You. Do not enter that room. Understand?" He walked down the hall.

I squeezed my eyes shut. My heart was beating out of my chest. I didn't know what was going to happen. He'd probably call my parents. He'd call Trevor's parents. The police might be called. Our classmates might find out. With all that coming to mind, my entire body began to shake. And I actually started to regret telling him.

"What the fuck did you tell him!" Trevor screamed, slamming his fists on the door. "Hey! What the fuck did you do!"

I looked up. He was fuming. I'd never seen him so pissed. If he was violent all those other times I certainly wasn't ready to see what this new rage brought me. But before he could even touch me, Michael pulled him back. Trevor fought with him, putting Michael to the ground and making his way towards me. I jumped out of my chair and backed into the corner.

"No. No! I didn't say anything!" I promised. And this time, that wasn't really a lie. I didn't tell him about the rape.

Trevor grab a chunk of my hair. "Like fuck you didn't. What'd you say?"

"Stop!" I fought with him. For the first time I started hitting him back. He fell back, maybe out of surprise, and leaned against the table with his hand on his face.

He wiped his mouth, and I noticed I'd punched out a tooth. "You bitch." He pushed off the table and tried to grab me again, but I kicked him in the balls. He fell to the ground, rolling in pain.

I quickly took my chance to walk around him and to the other side where Michael, Lindsay, and the front desk lady were standing. A moment later I saw our principal alongside the school stationed police officer running down the hall to us.

Whatever happened after that is more or less a blur. I remember Trevor was finally down so the officer only lifted him off the ground and cuffed him. He was taken to a different room, I'm not sure where, and another officer showed up to take me away.

He stood by the front door. Apparently they'd called the school lock down, so no students were in the halls. He kept gesturing me to follow him, but I thought it was unfair. I mean, yes, I hit him, but out of self defense.

I shook my head and backed up until I was against Michael. "I didn't do anything wrong." I protested.

The officer agreed. "You didn't do anything wrong, I just need a statement." He paused. "And given your circumstance, I need to take you to the hospital."

That statement made me uncomfortable. He knew about the rape. Which meant we were one step closer to my parents finding out. The last people in the world I wanted to know.

The officer gestured for me to follow him and I reluctantly did so. Trevor had been taken away earlier than me and since getting arrested I hadn't seen him. He put me in the back of the car, but I wasn't handcuffed. That was something I was grateful for. It wasn't like I really did anything, I was the victim.

"We'll be to the hospital in a few minutes." He told me. "I'm officer Rayga, by the way." I didn't say anything, I pressed my face against the door.

"Are you going to call my mom and dad?" I asked.

"Yes."

I couldn't take anymore of this. I knew I had to eventually end it all, but this was going to quickly. I wasn't ready to face my parents. It wasn't even just the rape, I had to admit I was gay.

A few minutes later we were at the hospital and I was tested for any STDs. Which was strange, given that Trevor wasn't some guy I met online or anything. He was a high school boyfriend. But I didn't bother questioning it. After the tests I was left in a room by myself and took a little nap. I wasn't sure what those tests would find.

I opened my eyes after a while. My parents hadn't arrived and I wondered if they had been called yet. I sat up in the bed and looked around. The walls were painted blue and in the right corner was a small flat screen TV. Across from me was a white board featuring my name and basic information. There was something else written, but I didn't understand it. The room was silent, save for the beeping of the heart monitor I was attached to. This place also smelled like a hospital. Go figure. But that part was what bothered me the most.

After a moment of being alone, I found my backpack and my clothes, and opened my phone. No surprise I had a billion texts from Jake from the website, and an equal amount from my mother. I was surprised my phone hadn't exploded with all the activity. As I was putting the phone away, pretty much ignoring the texts, the door flew open. I jumped as it slammed against the wall and my mother ran inside. She was out of breath.

"Alex." She sounded pissed. I winced as she reached her arms out for me. It looked like she was about to hit me, but instead wrapped her arms around me. "Oh my God, what the hell happened?"

Right after her my dad and brother walked in. My dad looked pissed. "What the hell is going on?"

"Dad... calm down." My brother tried, only to get pushed away.

"No, I want to know what's going on. We were just told you were raped? When? Who? What is happening?"

I pushed my mom away from me. My face hurt and so did my ribs. "I... Well..." I backed up, running into the wall. "I'm sorry."

"Is it the same person that's been hitting you?" He asked. I didn't answer. "Will you answer me!"

My mom turned to him. "Calm down, Frank."

"Why is no one telling me what's going on?"

"Dad, stop." My brother reached for his arm, but he pulled away. "Alex, it's okay, just tell them."

I paused. All three of them went silent. In the end I couldn't say anything. Instead, I handed them the post I'd made. Very slowly their expressions began to change.