Hunted (Part 2)

Kanime POV

1:54 pm

"There, I think that should do it

"There, I think that should do it."  One of the hooded assassins wipes away blood from his mask, like a phantom, surrounded by what seems like a hundred corpses, wearing the same cloaks.

"Who is this guy??!? They're attacking each other?"

I witness the slaughter of the assassins in awe, from our hiding spot in a nearby bush, fearing my racing heart might give us away as sweat runs down my face!

"Shh. We've just got to wait until he leaves. Then we can go after Kirishima." I cover Minori's eyes and mouth.

My heart stops with what I hear next from the phantom. "You can come out now." He says, in a calm and inviting voice.

"I don't trust this man for a second!"

"Get behind me." I push Minori back as whips burst from the bush and lash out in his direction!

He effortlessly dodges, simply by tilting his head to the side!

Then a step back, then swings to his right, pivoting on his heel, dissolving like a specter, clear from view...

"He vanished? How could he.....agh..." a blade pierces through my abdomen! My knees become weak, the only thing keeping me afoot, the blade through my stomach!

"Cheeky little thing."  he says through his mask as he pulls back his blade. I fall to the ground, my surroundings fading... "Minori...."

Minori POV

"Come any closer and I'll break your face." I keep my distance from this strange man.

"Strong words coming from an infant. In any case, I am not your enemy, little one." He pulls away his cloak.

"Not my enemy? Bastard! This is for Ryuj-" I tighten my fists and take a single step closer

He appears behind me and leans over my shoulder. "Take a listen, little one. He's still alive, I give you my word as a gentleman, I did not take his life.

You're looking for Arata, yes? Perhaps we can compromise."

"Tsk." I shudder as his lays his hand on my shoulder. "Get off!" I turn around to strike him!

He blocks with the back of his hand, unshaken by my attack.

"After what you did to Ryuji.... I could never help you! And now you're going after Arata... Is that it? Damn you. Everyone. Everyone is dying right before my eyes. I can't. I won't let you kill anyone else. Even if I have to stop you myself!" A tear escapes my eye.

"How dare you suggest that I would harm him." He glares as he captures the tear with his finger.

"Huh?" I flinch.

"That one over there. He's your family, yes?" He turns to Ryuji's body.

"Uh. That's right."

"Im trying to find my family. Can you help me?" His voice felt soft. Almost like a humble stranger, he requests my assistance. "I promise no harm will come to your family."

Arata POV

1:54 pm

Minami's Bikaku (Version 2)^^^

"Hey you! Sorry im late, I got held up." Uruka collects blood from her bikaku with her finger. "Want some?" She extends her kagune.

"Minami..."

"What? No! You're gonna tell me what the hell is going on, who are these people?!?

I know you have something to do with this! What are you scheming?!?" I question angrily as I get up from the ground.

She quickly pins me to a tree and covers my mouth. "Shhh." A group of hooded assassins rushes past without noticing us.

"That was Squad 1..... The Stealth Force, they only answer to the admins. This is bad...." She releases me " Squad 8 has been targeted for elimination."