Part 23

Henry's POV

They went downstairs, to the living room and I took my advantage to leave. I got out of the closet and jumped out the window. I fell in to the ground and stood there looking the house. I started to walk home with the worst feeling in earth, the one that you have when you love someone that you know you won't never be able to be with. SHIT! The first girl that made me feel something was my best friend's girlfriend. You know how that hurts? I hope you don't because love hurts more than anything in this world. I don't fucking know how but, while I was walking, tears started to get out of my eyes.

Zoey's POV

Patrick fell asleep and I looked at him. He was so beautiful and cute. I smiled to myself and started to caress his face. He suddenly smiled.

- I love you - he told me

I smiled and kissed hem. I fell asleep.

9 am

I woke up. My mom was sitting in the table, having breakfast. When she saw I opened my eyes, she smiled to me.

- He's back - she smiled

I smiled and walked towards her.

- I've missed him so much - I said 

- I know - she laughed

In a while, Patrick woke up. He left fast because he has to went back with his mom. Fortunately he was moving to Derry in a week. I studied for the exam I had the next day. 

I started to think about how happy I was. I was really happy, nothing could screw it up. Till my mom got in my room with her eyes full of tears.

- Mom - I said standing up 

I walked towards her.

She looked at me.

- Your father.... - she started to say

- What?

- He .... he had died this morning - she finally said 

The happiness just disappeared. WHY my life had to be always so sad?

- I don't know what to say - I told her 

She hugged me.

I started to cry. 

My dad was probably not the best of the world, not that one that makes you laugh all the time, not that one that buys you candies, not that one that reads books to you... The only thing I knew he was the type of person that loves life, the type of person that loves what he does, the type of dad that tells jokes that stink, the type of dad that doesn't even have a work...... I had never got on really well with him because I thought he was just the type of person that doesn't loves nobody but himself, but just in that moment I released that it was not true, he loved us so much, specially me, he always told me I was the type of girl that needs the world, I just ignored him.

Well.... you don't know what you have till you lose it. 

We were getting ready to drive to the funeral when I heard the doorbell. I was hoping to see Patrick standing there, but it wasn't Patrick. Belch, Vic and Jayden were standing there.

They looked at me and hugged me.

- I'm so sorry for you - said Jayden 

- You know we'll always be here with you - told me Belch

I smiled to them.

- And where's Henry? - I asked 

They shrugged.

- He said he was not feeling okay - explained Vic - Maybe he'll come tomorrow or today, later 

I nodded.

- Thanks for coming - I said

I started to cry again and they hugged me.

I was so happy to have them there, but I was expecting to see Henry or Patric, I don't know.