I'll Be Watching You...

"Every breath you take

And every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

Ill be watching you

Every single day..."

Lyrics courtesy of Sting feat.Police.

****

Nadia's point of view

Tick.Tick.Tick.

I stared at the second hand on the clock.Two more minutes and I'm off duty.

Tick.Tick.Tick.

"Nadia! Get back to work and stop staring at the clock,it won't make it go any faster."my boss snapped.

I sighed.The customers glanced at me and went back to their things.

The coffee shop was not crowded at this time of the day.People usually started pouring in early morning or in evening around six.I wiped my hands at my apron and took it off after glancing furtively at my boss who was busy yelling at some unfortunate soul.

I slipped into the changing room and quickly took off my white shirt, black vest and levi's(the standard uniform at Indulge cafe').I changed into my green jersey pulling the collar to leave me right shoulder bare and skinny jeans I came in with.

"Changing before time again?tsk tsk."Jill chided nearly making me jump.

"Jill! God.Would you stop sneaking up on me like that? I thought it was the T.O.A.D."I said trying to get my heart beat normal.

T.O.A.D was the nickname for our twenty something, ambition driven boss who worked us to death simply because , well, she could.

Grand isn't it?

"T.O.A.D. is pissed today.More than usual I mean."Jill added seeing my raised eyebrows.I shrugged and shook my hair free from the hair band T.O.A.D made me wear.

What? Oh right.T.O.A.D stands for Tyrant, Old, Annoying, Despot.

Pretty creative huh? Jill began to call her that ever since she picked up on it from some book she read.

"Free!"I sighed in relief as the clock announced 5pm.

"You're very eager to leave today."

"When am I not?"

"True.But still what's the special occassion?"

"Coffee with a friend."

We both scrunched up our noses at that.We didn't have anything against coffee but when you're fixing them half the day for other customers it's only normal if you get sick of it a bit.

"I'm going to take her to the movies instead though."I said.

Jill nodded in approval.

"See you."she waved at me as I dodged the glares from my boss and ran out of there like my depended on it.

I breathed in deeply once I was outside.The coffee free air was more welcoming than I was used to.My stomach growled.

I sniffed at the aroma originating from the hot dog stand in the corner and let my nose lead me to it.I bought one and devoured it gleefully on my way home.

I walked three blocks away and fished in my bad for the keys.Fashion be damned I'm so changing this big Chanel bag for the mini tote I spotted last week.

"Yes!"I grabbed the key and pulled it out.

"Home sweet home."I closed the door behind me, threw my bag on the ground and the keys at the hook.