The deal.

Anna's pov

So today was the day.
The day that everything in my life will change and probably Xavier's too. I know that this will take his freedom from him. And he will hate me for that , as much as I will hate him.

I'm in the car with my father , on our way to Xavier's house so we can sign the papers. And next week , marry.

It happened so fast. Me Anna Claire Jackson , soon to be Mrs. Knight. I can't believe that my father , the man I always cared about , is doing this to me. His own daughter.

"We're here" I heard my so called dad say. I just got out of the car and walked fast as possible so I could get to the elevator before him. And I did ladies and gentlemen.

"Anna hold u-" my dad said but unfortunately for him , the doors closed.

With a smirk on my face and a little victory dance , I got where I needed to be. Which was unfortunate because I didn't want to be here.

Going to my father's office I noticed that Xavier was already there , flirting with my dad's PA!!. I'm not jealous but like who does that?

I just walked straight to my dad's desk and sat on his chair waiting for the big bad wolves to come. Just as I thought about that the door opened, revealing a very angry looking father and Xavier's father also , ready to end our lives forever.

"Can we get this over with?" Says Xavier , clearly pissed.
"Sit down son , we are discussing the contract. So as you both know this is all business , we need you guys to marry because Anna your dad needs my help and son you need a good reputation." Says Mr Knight.

"What is written in this contract father?". I ask clearly bothered about the word contract.
"Well Anna , you guys need to stay married for a year. If one of you end up cheating , the contract will still value because you are not supposed to fall in love. So deal with your problems in private , no one cares what you guys go through in a marriage.
You can not tell anyone about this contract. You guys are a happy couple in front of the media. If one of you wants to get out of this then you'll have to pay us one million dollars. Get it ?" Says my dad.

"The marriage will be at the end of this week , so you have to sign the papers today."

"Let's get this over with , the sooner we sign this , the sooner they'll leave us alone." Says Xavier
Xavier signed it first , then I did.
There it was.. we were no longer free to do what we wanted because we know we are going to be watched.

As soon as Xavier signed , he left the office without saying a word.

"Well congratulations Anna , you guys will get a house and the wedding will be by the end of this week so you need to go dress hunting with your mom as soon as possible, and don't worry about the budget, I'm paying for everything". With that being said Mr Knight stood up and also left. Which left me with my father , in an awkward silence.

"So listen An-" , "I don't want to hear it father. Should I even call you that?. I still can't believe you're doing this with your own daughter because of money. You should be ashamed". And with that I left too.