- CHAPTER FIFTEEN -

Almost twenty minutes later, Monty is still working on the chute

Maya is struggling to breathe with only one minute left.

"I'm almost there." Monty sighs.

Miller frowns. "Almost isn't good enough."

Monty keeps trying, but a wire shocks him. He sighs. "Screw this." He rips the wires out.

"What the hell did you do?" Miller asks him.

"Cut power to the modem. Help me." Monty says.

The two of them try to pull the door open but stop when they hear something.

"There's someone in there."

They train their guns on the door and gasp when it's pushed open to reveal Bellamy.

"Get her in here!" He yells as they help Maya into the chute. He then grabs Elle's arm, pulling her in with him. Jasper follows and they all slide down the chute, falling into a bin.

Jasper helps Maya get her mask off and they get out of the bin.

Bellamy jumps out and reaches up to help Elle down.

But she doesn't let her feet hit the floor. She wraps her arms and legs around Bellamy and holds onto him for dear life.

He hugs her tightly as she sobs into his shoulder.

She leans back to look at him, placing her hands on his cheeks. "I thought you were dead."

He nods, tears in his own eyes, as well. "I thought you were, too. I was so relieved when Clarke told me you were here."

Her eyes widen. "Clarke made it home?"

He nods, letting her back to her feet. He looks back at Jasper. "She's coming with an army of grounders."

Jasper's eyes widen. "What?"

Bellamy nods. "We have to keep all of you safe until then."

Jasper smiles. "Don't tell me Finn finally got his peace talks."

Bellamy frowns and reaches for Elle's hand, squeezing it tightly. "Something like that. Come on, we got a lot of work to do..."

They get the rest of the group down the chute and they all follow Bellamy. He peeks around a corner and then motions for them. "It's all clear."

"Won't they see us?" Miller asks.

"Relax, Monty took out the cameras."

He sighs. "Yeah, well, we're still sitting ducks in a group like this."

"You're right. That's why we're gonna split up." Bellamy says.

Monty shakes his head. "No, we do this together. We survive together."