01. Dark

CURRENTLY IN EDITING

People say insanity is fear of the mind, I would of agreed with them before now...But now I see insanity as my cure, his insanity cured my sanity. Opened my eyes to the world around me and brought me to him, my own personal insanity to keep me sane...

-

"I hate you!" I screamed to my mother as took my phone off me

She put in her pocket "You're not to see him again"

"I love him mum!" I raised my voice higher

She sighed "You barely know him Brooke"

I went to grab my phone out of her pocket but she just placed her hands on my shoulders and kept me back. I screamed and shouted she knew nothing, nothing about him and she was stopping me from seeing him.

"I know him mum! He loves me! You cant so this to us!" I started crying

She sighed once more, getting tired of my struggle "Yes I can, he's not good for you...What would your father say?"

I faltered for a moment at the mention of Dad before I began the struggle again "Mum, he helps me...I need him"

"No! You don't need him" She ran a hand through her greying brunette hair "You need serious help Brooke!" She snapped at me.

This got me. I stopped struggling and looked at her, I could feel the tears that wanted to fall spike in my eyes "What?"

Tears had begun to spill from her eyes as she looked at me "I have been trying to think different but everyone has been telling me the same...You're not the Brooke your dad knew, ever since then you've change...You need help"

My eyes stung with the threat of the tears as she spoke to me "Are you saying I'm going mad?"

"No" She walked forward and placed her hand on my shoulder, tears staining her cheeks as she looked at me. She broke down then and pulled me into a hug "You've already gone"

~

And that's how we got here now, in the car driving to Hollyfields mental asylum. I sat in the back of the car with my headphones in, watching the rain drops fall down the window as we stood still at a crossing. Watching two drops race each other down the glass, until they got so close to the bottom and they merged into one drop before hitting the bottom and spreading over the car.

I sighed and jerked as the car started again, my uncle James and mum were taking me. I could see mum turned round in her seat looking round at me out of the corner of my eye. I didn't look at her I just rest my head on the window and closed my eyes just waiting for the beginning to the end of my life.

The car finally stopped and I opened my eyes to see a daunting looking building with an eerie look to it, the brick walls that towered above the car and the wire fence surround the entire building. I pulled my head phones out and heard mum and Uncle James talking

"Will she be safe here?" Mum looked at him as he drove us to the nut house.

Uncle James sighed "Do you want her to get better?"

 I watched as she looked down at her hands and began to pick at the loose skin around the nails."Yes, but I don't want her to be unhappy" 

I watched as uncle James took hold of mum's hand and gave a weak smile "She's not been happy since Cal died"

Mum looked down and then behind at me, I stared at her as she gave me a weak smile. I turned away and looked down at my phone. Scrolling through my pictures in my gallery, I put my headphone back in and did my best to ignore her. The car finally came to a stop, I paused my music and looked at mum"You ready?"