04. Cold

Yup, I'm crying you guys are amazing

40 votes

10 comments

-

"That's all I need to know Brooke Willows"

-

"He's watching you again" Ayesha leant in and whispered

I looked around and saw Nathan looking at me, I haven't spoken to him at all since the incident last week. I turned back round and sighed loud enough to get Ayesha's attention. "You alright?"

I shrugged, truthfully I didn't know what to feel. I had been here for a week today and I hated it, I felt so isolated with the outside and I feared that I would let my dark feeling consume me and turn me into nothing but an empty shell. I looked back at the letter I was trying to write, I had managed to say 'I love you so much' and 'I miss you' more times than I care to count.

"Who's the letter to?" Ayesha asked

"My boyfriend" I mumbled

"Oohh, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend" She said a little too excited

I shrugged once more and carried on writing it, telling him everything and how I hated it here. How I longed to get out and put all our plans together, plans that would now be put on hold for when I get out of here. "Well it doesn't really matter does it? It's not like you're ever going to see him, not like I'm ever going to see him anytime soon"

She sighed "What's he like...Tell me everything!"

"His name is Sean and we've been together for about a year" I shrugged again

"A year?! Wow, long term relationship"

I sighed and finished the letter off "Yeah, we had planned it to be"

"What plans?"

I sighed "Just us, our life"

She smiled when I looked at her "A love story"

"Hardley" I scoffed "My mum hated him and banned me from seeing him"

"Ah, the mother again"

I sighed and noticed Dr Parker striding across the room again. I stood and folded my letter up and looked at Ayesha who looked confused "I'll go and sort this out while you and him talk"

She looked in the direction I jerked my head and he cheeks flooded with colour. I smiled to myself and tucked my chair in getting ready to leave.

"Hello Brooke" Dr Parker smiled at me

I smiled back and gave a small wave to Ayesha before leaving them to it again. I walked out the door and began walking down the hallway when as usual when I was separated from people, I was called.

"Brooke Willows if I didn't know better I would think you're avoiding me"

I spun round "Well obviously you don't know better"

"So you are avoiding me"

"Really? Is it that obvious" I said with heavy sarcasm

"I dont know why? I mean why are you avoiding me?"

He caught up with me and bagan walking by my side. I groaned and tried my best to ignore his presence as we walked, he was silent for once as we walked. I should've known that the silence wouldn't last long before he had to say something.

"Are you scared of storms?"

I snorted, I wasn't just scared of them. I was terrified, and that wasn't my fault. I used to love them, the smell that hit me when it rained, the sound of the thunder over head and the beautiful formation of lightning.