Entry 01: The Fall

NOTES:

"BOLD" - spoken words

"ITALIC" - words in mind/thoughts

-----------------------------=====================------------------------------

The crowd went wild when the last pokemon fainted. They screamed and cheered for the winner, the new league champion.

"No way, this can't be real. It is absolutely impossible for me to lose." murmured a young brunette with a  spiky hair to himself, as if trying to convince his own mind that all that happened is just a cruel nightmare. 

Yet reality proved to be merciless. The nightmare he had seen is not a dream. No matter what he do, it won't disappear. 

"NO! That can't be! You beat me at my best! After all that work to become the League Champ? My reign is over already? It's not fair!"  he shouted. 

The spiky-haired teen took a deep breath. As if accepting the cruel reality that had been slapped to his face. 

"Why? Why did I lose? I never made any mistakes raising my Pokémon... Darn it! You're the new Pokémon League Champion! Although I don't like to admit it..."  he grudgingly stated.

His rival just stared at him, haughtily at that. His red eyes seem to mock him and say that "You lose. I win. It was satisfying defeating you with my own hands." . He don't know how much of that imagined sentence is true. 

The doors of the champion room opened and a person in a laboratory coat came in. Of course, the renowned Professor  Oak always came late. He is not surprised at all.

"Green, I came because  you called ........" Prof. Oak started. Then, he take in the state of the room and came into a conclusion. 

"Red! So, you've won! Sincerely, congratulations! You're the new Pokémon League Champion! You've grown up so much since you first left to work on the Pokédex.  Red, you have come of age! " congratulated the professor.

Then he turned to Green. 

"Green... I'm disappointed in you. I came when I heard you'd beaten the Elite Four. But, when I got here, you had already lost! Green, do you understand why you lost? You have forgotten to treat your Pokémon with love and trust. Without them, you will never become a Champion!"

 After berating him, he turned back to Red.

"Red. You understand that your victory was not just your own doing. The bond you share with your Pokémon is marvelous. Red! Come with me!"  

Green was obviously not happy and mustered all his hatred in his glare. His rival, Red, was shocked when he saw those eyes but wasn't able to put a word for the professor started to lead him to the Hall of Fame. He just watched as Green started to run away, his back looking very lonely and fragile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The nerve of that old geezer!!! How dare he proclaim all those stuff!!! He didn't know anything yet he spoke as if he knows everything." Green thought as he walk through the Pokemon League.

After having his pokemon healed, he started walking out of the building and got mobbed by the reporters.

"What can you say about your defeat?"
"How do you feel after losing?"
"What can you  say about your opponent?"
"According to  sources you and your opponent came from the same town. Is Mr. Red your childhood friend?"