Entry 3.5 - Realization

A/N:

Len here! I solemnly offer you the chapter you've been waiting for. After all those twist and bumps, thank you for staying with me. Suggestion and critics are very much appreciated.

Just a note:

All entries with whole numbers/integers are mainly on GREEN's POV and all entries with .5 are mainly from other characters POV. All are chapters and its not a mini chapter, it is very essential to the story.

Disclaimer:

I don't own any of the pictures. Got them from the internet.

I also don't own pokemon. If I do it will surely turn into a love story(RxG) not an adventure. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RED'S POV

I started to walk away from the Oak's residence. 

"Seems like I made a move too late again. Every single time I mess up, ever since we had our first pokemon. No! Even before that, just that I ignored the signs. I was happy receiving attention even if I don't admit it. I was overjoyed when Prof. Oak praises me not noticing Green's reaction nor his feeling."

"Professor said that Green doesn't love his pokemons enough. That can't be true since I saw how his pokemons fought for his sake during the championship,how they followed Green's commands faithfully not minding the damage they had taken,and how frustrated and devastated they look as they fall  as if regretting not being able to defend their trainer's honor. If the pokemon was not shown enough love then surely they will not do that and Green is a good person despite his dirty mouth."

"Why did I never noticed all those things before? Why did I believed what others said about Green? Am I not his bestfriend? Didn't I promised to protect him? Why did I forgot about his dreams that he confided? when did I became so selfish?"

Unknowingly my feet took me in the forest. Looking around I noticed a clearing ahead. At the center of the clearing is a single tree with something carved on its bark. 

BESTFRIENDS FOREVER     

BESTFRIENDS FOREVER     

Reading the carved words multiplied the guilt and makes me feel worse than a shit. It triggered a specific memory when I see it. The time when I had promised Green that I will always protect him. He even composed a poem for it.

*********

BESTFRIEND

Buddy who'll go through hell with me