Chapter 6

"It's horrible!" sobbed Lexy. "Why me? Why why me?!"

Lunch box in hand, Pandora and Lyle stood at the foot of Lexy Squires' bed as Lexy wailed, surrounded by frilly pillows. The room was plusher than plush, with pink and white silk and velvet everywhere. Pandora and Lyle would have been distracted by the over-the-top furnishings if not for the fact that Lexy's head was the size of a baseball!

Lexy blew her nose into a handful of tissues. "What did I ever do to deserve this?!"

"I could make you a list," Lyle offered.

But Pandora was truly horrified. "Don't worry, Lexy, I'm sure it'll work out! Uh... could I use your bathroom?"

Pandora rushed into Lexy's bathroom and closed the door behind her. She immediately flipped open the lunch box, and the genies popped right out.

Pandora stared at Furio. "You, the angry guy!"

"Furio," Furio said.

"Yeah, me too. What did you do to her?!"

Furio smiled proudly. "You said she thought she was so big, so I made her head very small! Revenge!!!"

"Well, make her big again!" Pandora implored.

Furio shrugged. "As you wish." He closed his eyes and nodded.

Suddenly, Pandora heard a scream from the other side of the door! She swung the door open, and there in her bed, Lexy looked down at her body. Her head was back to normal, but now her body was huge! And Lyle stood there watching, white as a ghost. He had just seen some real black magic, and he couldn't believe his eyes. But there was one thing he knew: Pandora had something to do with it.

Pandora slammed the door, and she turned back to Furio. "I meant, make her head big, not her body!"

"Your wish is my command." Furio closed his eyes and nodded again.

Another shriek sliced through the air. Pandora whipped open the door again. This time Lexy's head was huge, and her body back to normal. Lexy sobbed as Lyle continued to stare, his mouth agape.

Pandora slammed the door again and glared at Furio. "Alright, stop! Don't do anything!" She sat down on a vanity bench and held her head in her hands. She pleaded to herself, "Next time it says 'Don't Open!', don't open!"

 She pleaded to herself, "Next time it says 'Don't Open!', don't open!"