Chapter 7

Pandora was in a whirl of confusion as she and Lyle walked home fast. What was she going to do now?! This was all her fault. Sure, it was great to get back at Lexy for being so mean, but Pandora didn't want this.

Lyle's brain was overloaded as well but for different reasons. What he'd just witnessed was something he wouldn't soon forget. "That was weirder than Zomboid Attack 3, Level 20!"

"I can't believe it," moaned Pandora. "Not only do I have to figure out how to make Lexy normal again, I have to bring her her homework every day until I do!"

"Then again," Lyle wondered, "maybe for Lexy, this is normal. She always did have a big head. Now she really has a big head!"

Back in Pandora's bedroom, Pandora and Lyle sat on her bed and stared at the lunch box between them. Pandora thought hard. "Okay. It's a matter of wishing just the right wish. Something Furio can't twist and fool around with."

"Why not just have him make Lexy the way she was before?" Lyle offered.

"Before? He'll probably turn her back into a baby or something. Maybe I'll wish her whole body was all back to normal size."

Lyle shook his head. "She'll probably end up being normal size for an elephant. How about telling him to make her head just like her body?"

"So she'll have two bodies and no head!" Pandora threw her hands up. "This is impossible! Furio will always goof it up, no matter what I say!"

Then Lyle got an idea. "But why? You're their master, aren't you?"

Pandora thought about this, and her face slowly lit up. "Yeah. That's right, I am. They have to do what I say. They all do!"

She whipped open the lunch box, and WHOOSH! All the genies shot out.

Slobo looked around. "Hey, where's the girl with the big head?"

Furio chuckled with a gratifying feeling of revenge. "Cowering in a-shame, no doubt!"

"Listen, you guys," Pandora said commandingly. "I'm your master, and you have to do what I say!"

Furio looked proud. "With a-pleasure, Pandora!"

But Pandora shot down Furio. "No! I've heard enough from you. One of you other guys, make Lexy normal again!"

Smugly scoffed. "Normal? How tiresome."

"Just do it," Pandora insisted.

"My apologies," Smugly said, "but that is beyond my power."

"Huh? Okay, someone else." Pandora turned to Mrs. Greeley. "How about you, the lady?"

Mrs. Greeley shrugged. "It's beyond all of us, I'm sorry to say. A genie can only reverse his or her own wish."

Pandora stood up, getting more and more frustrated. She pointed at Furio. "You mean I can only deal with him? But he's impossible!"

Enzo rolled his eyes at Furio. "You're a-telling me."

Furio fumed. "Those are-a fighting words!" Furio slapped his brother, and Enzo slapped back. In no time, it was an all-out slap fight!

"Momma always a-liked you best!" cried Enzo.

"Knock it off, already!" demanded Mrs. Greeley.

Finally, the boys stopped slapping, but they went on glaring at each other.

Smugly turned to Pandora. "Pandora, if I might suggest, you're missing out on a wonderful opportunity. This Lexy is clearly beneath you. Why not enjoy her humiliation? Better yet, humiliate her in public!"

"What's the point of that?" asked Mrs. Greeley. "I say grab all her hats that are now too small for her!"

Enzo sniffed. "Don't be stupid. The true victory will be claiming her popularity as your own!"

Slobo added, "And then taking a nice long nap while everybody fans you with all those hats." He closed his eyes, dreaming about it. "Ahhh..."

"You're all crazy!" Pandora screamed, ready to tear her hair out. "Okay, if you won't help me fix this, I'll do it myself!"

 "Okay, if you won't help me fix this, I'll do it myself!"