why do you have to sing?

It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.

~The fault in our stars

Serena

"Hello sweetheart, good morning."

I was shell shocked to find Adrian on the floor beside me. He was holding me from behind and his left hand was circled on my waist, pulling me closer to him. I couldn't quite see his face but his breathe warmed me up.

He must have fallen onto the floor from his bed when he was fighting a ninja in his dreams.

Thank god, he didn't land on me.

I tried to struggle off from his arms but he was holding me too tight.

"Shush, baby, you can't leave me like that. I won't let you go," he whispered and kissed my ear.

I winced. We were taking this way too far.

"What exactly are you doing on the floor?" I asked him.

"I was too sad to watch my girlfriend sleep on the floor..."

"Adrian, please stop." I stood up and he looked at me with playful eyes. And then I realized that I was half naked.
I hastily covered my bare bosom with the blanket.

"You look gorgeous, Serena. Why can't you pull that blankie down?" He started and I was stupefied.

"I am not your girlfriend," I blurted out.

"If you are not my girlfriend, what are you?"

I thought for a moment.
"A random girl you almost hooked up. Now let me go."

Adrian seemed hurt and his eyes dazzled.
He touched my shoulder, still resting on his pillow.

"You are not a random girl I hook up, Scarlett. You are that one girl I want to be with the rest of my life." He said, his eyes locked with mine.

"I don't trust you, Adrian. I don't want to trust anyone. I've been hurt before and I don't want to be hurt twice."

Adrian took his hand away from me and spoke out, every word as clear as anything;

"Scarlett, I would love to be hurt by you."

⭐️⭐️⭐️

I was not sure of what I was doing. I had sworn to myself to never let anyone close to what I was. But Adrian was way beyond that and I feel the walls breaking out every single time his gaze impaled me.

I had wanted to avoid him. Although Adrian wanted to give me a lift to school, I preferred taking the bus instead. I clearly did not want any rumors and paparazzi.

I used to hate paparazzi.

Anyways, the first subject for today was Mathematics. The classroom was already filled up with students when I arrived. Mr. Barnes was seated at his place and was ready to start today's lesson.

To my good luck, there was only one vacant seat available.
But bad luck made that seat in between the seats Adrian and Barry were sitting.

I sheepishly occupied the seat. I continued to avoid both of them.

Not fifteen minutes have passed, a folded piece of paper landed on my table.

I reluctantly unfolded it.
'What's with the abs and muscles under that sweater?'

What does that mean?