fear

Quote

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.
~Pinterest

Adrian

"Sir, you're flight is taking off in ten minutes. Please get seated in the plane."

The air hostess reminded me as I stood waiting at the airport. Serena would be here any minute. I didn't want to lose her at the airport.

"Sir, is something wrong?"

I looked at her. "No, I will get in the plane."

Sheepishly, I sauntered myself towards the flight.

By the time I was seated in the airplane, I was starting to get worried. Serena should be here by now. She promised me that it won't take long.

"The flight is scheduled to take off in five minutes," an announcement spoke, "please put on your seat belts."

Where is Serena?

I can't go without her.

"Excuse me, ma'am."

The air hostess approached me, her pencilled eyebrows raised and a smile hovering on her lips as though she was born ready to serve.

"Yes? How can I help you?"

I stood up, swiftly.
"Stop the plane. I'm getting out."

She blocked my path. "But sir-"

"Cancel my tickets. I'm getting out."

"But sir, you won't get a refund if you cancel-"

"Dammit, lady. Take the money for yourself. I'm getting out. Now."

Serena

"Kate? You were with him all this time?"

Katherine was hiding herself in the shadows, her eyes snakelike while her silver masquerade mask concealed half of her face.

"I'm sorry, Jenevie. You were not really my friend anyway. So no harm done."

"Bitch!" I swore, "I trusted you!"

Silence.

It was only the three of us. The spacious lukewarm hall that was home to me was now a dungeon. A nightmare.

"So what's your name by the way?" Nathaniel teased approaching me, "Serena Marie Waltz. Quite a breathtaking name for a breathtaking girl... but just because you change your name, you won't be someone new. Am I right, sweetheart?"

"You are out of your mind!"

He raised his eyebrows, slyly.

"I am completely in my mind: totally sane, if that's what you mean."

"I don't know who you are. I think this is a misunderstanding. I think you've found the wrong girl." I lied, trying to use my tactful brain to escape.

Nate's eyes glowed.

"Ha! I know those eyes, sweetheart. And you can't hide yourself. No matter wherever you go, I will find what's mine, Jenevie Amelia Wolf."

I shivered.
My legs were shaking, to and fro.

I took a step back.

"I don't know what you are talking about!"

"Hey, don't be scared, sweetheart," He hushed, his eyes throwing darts at me, "I came back. I came back for you. Do you not want to know why?"

"Shut up! You are crazy!"