Chapter Fourteen- The Naughty Type

As I sit with Hikaru and Crona the doggo I could hear Shiro from the cage. "I want you to teach me how to make a woman happy. I'm gonna run out of time. Please won't you teach me? You're a host because you like girls. You like bringing a smile to a girl's face. That's why you do it, right? Please won't you teach me to be like you. You're a genius at it! You're the king!" Shiro begs. I look to Tamaki who was looking at me and I nod.

"Well, you may be a brat, but I admire your desire to become a host, so I'll teach you. You know, Shiro, you and I are so much alike," Tamaki says.

"You poor kid," Haruhi sighs.

"Boss?" Hikaru asks.

"We told Shiro we would help him," I say, "we can't back out on him."

"Then, you'll help me become the kind of host that can make any women happy?" Shiro asks.

"Of course. Making women happy is the sole purpose of being a host," Tamaki says.

"And from the looks of it you need all the help you can get," Hikaru says.

"Seriously," I say.

"If this is what you really want, Shiro, then you'll have to figure out how to use the material you already have," Tamaki says.

"What does that mean?" Shiro asks.

"You see," Kyoya says, " here at the Ouran host club, our policy is to use our individual personality traits to meet the needs of our guests. For example, there's Tamaki, who is the princely type. There's the strong silent type. The boy-Lolita type. The little-devil type. The Musician Type. And the cool type. It's all about variety. And now our group is complete with the addition of Haruhi, the natural." One by one we all gather with him.

"The natural?" Haruhi asks.

"It would seem that right now we have a perfect blend of characteristics, so it's going to be difficult to find a new type for Shiro," Kyoya says.

"If you go by his age, he should be the boy-lolita type," Hikaru says.

"But Honey senpai's already got that covered," Kaoru says.

"Is he going to replace me?" Honey whimpers.

"No," I say flatly, "he's to bratty to be a cute lolita."

"Oh come on! Is that all you got?" Renge yells as she raises up once again.

"What's up with this place? It's supposed to be a music room," Haruhi groans.

"It is a music room," I say.

"Sorry to interrupt lady and gentlemen, but what's with the lackluster character analysis?" Renge, "I must say I'm quite disappointed. I thought I taught you better."

"All right then Miss manager, how would you work Shiro into our collection of characters?" Tamaki says, "He can't be the boy-lolita because Honey's already got that covered."

"You just don't get it, do you?" Renge says, "Now listen up! There are plenty of girls out there who have a thing for younger boys or boys with baby faces. These girls would be considered Shota fans. Now Shota can be a very broad category. So it's important to know that the genre can be broken down into many different smaller sub-categories. For example, Shota fans with an interest in lolita boys would favor a boy like Haninozuka senpai. But this little boy is different. If I had to pick a character for him... Yes! He'd be the naughty boy type without a doubt!"

"The naughty type?" Shiro asks as the cage raises.

"Now to play up the naughty type, you have to wear shorts," Renge says then blows her whistle making me jump, " Okay. You gotta have bumps and bruises! Give him a couple of scars!"