Chapter Thirty Nine - The Horrorfest

As we watch carefully the class representative walks to the front of the classroom I tighten my grip around his hand under the desk. "All right, next item on the agenda. I move to discuss what the class plans will be for next week."

"Next week?" Haruhi asks.

"Yeah! Halloween!" Hikaru says excitedly.

"Our favorite holiday," I say referring to me and the twins to Haruhi.

"Oh Haruhi, you've only been a student at Ouran Academy since high school, right? So, you don't know," Kurakona says to Haruhi, "After we finish taking our exams for the fall, we're allowed a few days off until the end of October, and we get to throw costume parties on campus to celebrate."

"And also, to promote camaraderie, each class is allowed to use an entire day for a special class event of their choosing," Hikaru says.

"Event?" Haruhi asks.

"Right! They're pretty fun actually," Kaoru says.

"Yeah, we socialize, or watch some old movies, stuff like that," Hikaru says.

"Its the most enjoyable sitting in this classroom will get," I say to them as I curl up to Hikaru.

"Boring! Boring! Boring!!" Renge screams as she jumps onto the table, "Halloween! The day that sounds the death knell of summer and ushers in the icy breath of winter! Halloween! Once a day when ghouls walk the earth and disguised as ghouls we try to ward them all off. Halloween! A day for wearing costumes! And playing pranks on trick or treaters with a reckless abandon!"

"Some people don't wait for Halloween to dress up," Hikaru says pointing out her bad anime schoolgirl costume.

"Some people cosplay year round," Kaoru huffs.

"We have nooo room to talk," I say to them, "we wear costumes a lot."

"I know that's right," Haruhi says, "So, what's with the uniform?"

"Just between us," Renge says loudly, "This is the female uniform in Uki Doki Memorial 2 which isn't scheduled for release until next spring! What do you think? I know important people on the inside if you catch my drift."

"Ms. Hoshakuji, we're having homeroom now. Could you get down off the desk, please?" The class rep says.

"Tea parties and cosplay? The Host Club does that practically nonstop! What our Halloween requires is something special, special, special!" Renge exclaims.

"Um, we're supposed to decide this as a class," The class rep says.

"I agree a tea party would be boring," I say joining her.

"So, I propose holding a Halloween Test of Courage tournament! The bravest student wins!"

"A test of courage..." Hikaru starts.

"Tournament, you say?" Kaoru asks.

"Here's what we'll do," Renge says, "We'll ask the superintendent to give us access to the school after hours when it's dark. Then, we'll all dress up in our freakiest costumes and proceed to have the time of our lives scaring the absolute crap out of each other!"

"Oh hell yes," I cheer, "I'm in."

"Yeah. We're in," the twins say.

"I really like the part about..." Hikaru says nudging me to catch on.

"It being dark," Kaoru says.

"Dark and Terrifying," I say smirking at the class rep, "shadows around every corner."