Oh no.

At movie night, Dawson showed up halfway through the movie.

"Hey! Dawson!" Carter waved him over to his spot on the ground.

Minutes later, the door opened and closed. I heard it, but apparently no one else did. Probably because their watching a show I really don't care for.

"It seems you have some new people to watch movies with." Cheif stated, shocking Dawson who she stood behind.

"Cheif!" Dawson started to fumble around over his own feet as he tried to stand quickly.

Aislynn stood infront of the tv as if it would be hidden, and Carter dumped the popcorn over his shoulder.

"That is correct." Cheif had her arms crossed as she glanced around the room with her sharp gaze.

"But how...?" Aislynn asked.

"I know everything that happens inside, and around my base." Cheif stated, walking to the front of the room but kepping her back to us.

"Why didn't you stop us sooner than?" I asked out of curiosity. If she knew, wouldn't she have stopped it?

"There was never a reason until now." She turned to face us, and crossed her arms. Which reminds me, she always puts her left arm over her right. It's odd. "Now head to you're dorms. It is fairly late."

Dawson was the first to practically run out of the room, and he didn't stop there. He was probably at our dorm door as I was walking out of this one.

"The one time I go to movie night! Seriously? Why tonight? Ugh! Now she looks down on me, and doesn't trust me, she probably thinks I'm a rule breaker now-"

"Dawson, seriously, chill." I shut the door behind me. "She knows everything, remember? She probably knows that was the first time you went."

"I guess-"

"Do not rant again." Sam demanded and walked into the closet. "Not dealing with that."

I nodded in agreement and Dawson groaned in annoyance and stress. "But-"

Sam peeked his head around the corner of the closet and glared at Dawson.

Dawson stopped and curled up on the bed. "Well I'll just go to bed than."

"Good idea." I dove into the sheets. Sam ran and jumped onto his bed, sending a pillow or two flying.

One of them hit Dawson in the head, and he sighed in defeat while Sam and I laughed.

The next day went as usual, besides Dawsons constant worry, until just after lunch. The runners were givin another mission.

"This is a runner mission for finding survivors. Although this town is clear, the surrounding towns are unknown. You will take the jeep, and go to two of those towns." Cheif explained.

That's going to take a while, but having the jeep probably saved us two full days. Not to mention a lot of danger.

"If you find any useful items, bring them back as usual." As if on cue, the guard behind her stepped forward to give her two backpacks. "These are for any survivors you might find."

I recently found out that our base now had 700 members, when there were only 600 students if I remember correctly. But let's be honest, my memory isn't the best is it?

"We also have automobiles. Two of these will also be taken for extra room." I'm fairly certain that she's talking about four wheelers.

"Contact me regularly. That is all. Good luck runners." She turned, and walked swiftly out of the gym.

When time to leave rolled around, we decided on that Carter and Sam would get the two four wheelers.

The front gates opened, and Dawson watched behind us as we left. Cheif stood directly in his eyesight, watching us leave.

Once the gates closed, we raced down the road towards the first town. The ride lasts for 20 minutes, so I relaxed slightly.

"I think the flower shop would be the best place to stay overnight. It only has one entrance, and a large freezer that probably won't work. Which means if worst comes to worst, we could use the strong glass as protection." Dawson spoke, pointing down the road.

"Good idea," I grabbed my walkie-talkie, and pressed the botton. "Flora's flowers."

"Got it!" Carters voice came out of the little machine.

We unpacked everything, and settled down. We had to fight a few zombies inside the building, but not many.

Emma yawned and stretched out. "Sam gets first watch."

Sam gasped and fell over from his knees in defeat. "Of course,"

I rolled my eyes and layed my head on the ground, hating the cold concrete.

We were woken by a loud whine, probably in the middle of the night.

"What the hell?" Carter asked as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Should we check it out?" I asked. We couldn't tell if that whine came from and animal or a person.

We all silently agreed to go, so we headed out with our things. The half broken down building beside us is where we started to check.

We all started to fire at the five or six zombies crowding around something in the corner.

They fell to the floor one by one, and soon they were all down for the count.

I went through my bag to get the flashlight, and searched around the room. I only paused when I saw a puddle of blood, and a trail of it leading into the darkness.

"Whatever it was, it could still be alive." I stated, glancing at my armed friends.

"True. There's only one thing to do." Emma stated, walking to my side.

"We have to go into a one entrance hallway." Carter glanced around, making sure we were all in.

With rugged breath, racing hearts, and no idea what the hell we were getting into, we started to walk forward.