The Prologue

It was days like this that Dorthey dread.

On most days, Dorthey allowed herself to pretend she was living a normal life, being a normal teenager, at a normal state school. To everyone around her, she was just a girl studying history. Even on the walk to work today, Dorthey didn't think anything out of the ordinary would happen.

Until she heard that gruff voice.

"Hey there, Kid."

Dorthey turned, finding Victor Sullivan standing behind her.

"What do you want Victor?" She asked, her back facing him. Not now, she thought.

"You're a hard person to find these days Dorthey, or should I say Krista?" Victor said, smugly.

"You know as well as I do why I can't go by my real name anymore." She spoke quietly, doing her best to prevent any attention from any passerby's.

"Now it's my turn to ask you a question," Dorthey said bitterly, "What you want, Victor? Why are you here?"

She heard a 'flick' sound, she could picture the cigar he was surely lighting.

"It's simple," Sully said, before taking another puff of his cigar, "I need your help, Dorthey."

"Why me? Last I heard you picked up some other kid to drag along with you, Drake, was it?" She questioned, finally turning to look at the man.

"Nate's got his own abilities," Sully explained, "But not the kind I need right now."

"So, what is it?" Dorthey demanded, "What the job, I assume it's what you need help on, am I right?"

"I forgot how short of a temper you have," Sully muttered, "But you're right, I need your help hacking into the computer systems of this guy Taleon. Ever heard of him?"

"Yeah," She said, her voice finally calm, even a little intrigued, "He's some big CEO's only son, right?"

"That's the one," Sully said, pointing a figure at Dorthey, "Turns out he's lookin' for the same treasure I am in Cario."

"Cairo, as in Egypt?"

Sully chuckled then, "Is there any other Cairo, Kid?"

Dorthey thought for a moment, "And, I take it this job can't be done within the States, huh?"

"'Fraid not, Kiddo."

"What's in it for me?" She asked directly.

"Considering I'm flyin' solo on this one, how does fifty percent sound?"

"Holy shit," Dorthey exhaled, "Fifty percent, Sully? You must be desperate!"

Sully laughed again, his deep chuckle familiar to her ears.

"So, what do ya' say, Kid?" Sully asked, "Come on, be honest with yourself, you don't really like it here, do you?"

Dorthey allowed herself to do what she hated the most, she thought about herself truthfully. And if she was being honest with herself, she wasn't happy. In fact, she missed her old life, no matter how chaotic it was. She craved for the adventure, she needed it. And sitting back behind her old books wouldn't give her that.

So Dorthey did the one thing she never thought she would.

"You've got a deal, Victor."