Chapter 2: The Other Drake

Just shy of seventeen hours later, Dorthey finally arrived at her very expensive hotel room in Rio de Janeiro.

Being a member of one of the most prestigious families in all of Russia did have its benefits. The massive suite, located along the beachfront of Copacabana, was quite welcoming to Dorthey, especially after weeks of chasing down her last lead on the tiara. And even though that trail did not end with Dorthey finally getting her hands on the Romanov tiara, her next lead did seem to be her most promising yet.

Dropping her bags on the king-sized bed, Dorthey walked out to her balcony, taking in the beautiful view of the beach below her. She had been to Brazil only once before, during one of her first expeditions with Sully. During which, she only was able to see the airport of Rio before being swept away into the middle of the Amazon rainforest.

Dorthey smiled to herself, letting the memory flood her mind. She was only seventeen at the time, so young and edger to make her mark in the treasure hunting business. And after her years of training, she had finally managed to convince Sully to bring her along. And even now, years later, Dorthey still wanted to make her mark, and the Romanov treasure would be her greatest adventure of them all.

That is, if she could rely on Samuel Drake.

Dorthey sighed, taking one last glance at the beach before walking back inside her room. Looking at the clock it was already six pm. Sully had made reservations in the restaurant downstairs for the meeting between the three of them at nine. Jetlagged and sore, Dorthey went to the bathroom to run herself a bath.

Letting the water fill, Dorthey unpacked her laptop and began to work her magic. Checking her personal database, Dorthey pulled up her file on Samuel Drake. Having nothing else to do on her flight from St. Petersburg, Dorthey took the liberty of first-class wi-fi to check up on this mysterious other Drake brother.

Not much could be found on him, besides his basic driver's license, passport and other assorted records, the only other files Dorthey could find were prison records of him serving time and one mysterious looking Panamanian jail file. Besides that, it seemed like this Drake was a ghost, which was the opposite of his brother, Nathan.

"I'll know your secrets soon enough, Drake." Dorthey mumbled to herself as her shut her laptop before making her way to the bathtub.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Dorthey mumbled to herself as she finished weaving her long blonde hair into a simple braid.

After a much needed, soothing bath, Dorthey had settled down in front of her laptop once more to try and look into her lead on Nikolai Petrov. She had found numerous news articles about his successful business deals and other similar activities, but saw nothing that would lead her to the tiara of Anastasia Romanov.

Before she knew it, it was ten to nine, and Dorthey did her best to make herself look somewhat decent. She had thrown on a white sleeveless blouse, pairing it was a nicer pair of dark blue jeans. And now that she had finished her braid, Dorthey quickly pulled on a pair of short brown boots before rushing to the elevator and practically slamming her palm against the button.

After what felt like forever, the elevator doors finally opened. Dorthey walked out into the hotel lobby, smiling politely at people she passed by. Once she finally found the tiara, Dorthey decided she would come back to this place to spend some much needed down time.

Entering the restaurant, Dorthey walked over to the hostess's stand.

"Nome?" The woman asked Dorthey with a polite smile.

"Zara. Mas a reserva está sob Sullivan." Dorthey responded smoothly.

The woman looked over her list, smiling once she found the name.