Chapter 1

Rosa's P.O.V.

I'm going home today. Home, wow, that sounds weird. I haven't been in Mystic Falls since my parents died. 

I should probably introduce myself. My name is Rosa Perri Gilbert, although everyone calls me Perri. (I'm only called Rosa when I'm in trouble). I have an older sister Elena and a twin brother Jeremy. Jeremy is actually 7 minutes older and he never lets me forget it. 

The reason I've been away from home is because I go to school at the National Academy of Dance, which is in Sydney Australia. I got in about four weeks before my parents died in the car accident. I ended up going anyway, mom would have wanted me to. 

Oh thats my plane, don't wanna miss it. But it probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I did. 

*Time Skip*

Man that flight was long. Well, I think it was, I mostly slept. 

~Beep~(Text message)

Elena~ We are at baggage claim! :)

I read the text and put my phone back in my pocket. I've missed her and Jere so much! I round the corner and see both my siblings. Jeremy spots me first.

"Perri!" he yelled running toward my, engulfing me in a hug and spinning me around. Elena soon joined us.

"We missed you so much!" They said in unison.

"I missed you guys too," I giggled hugging my sister. 

Once we get in the car Elena tells me that she wants to bring me to her new friends house. I of course kinda freak out on the inside, but as long as Jeremy is there I should be fine. 

You see sometimes around a lot of new people I have panic attacks. You must be wondering how I managed in dance school. Well my best friend, Kat, she kept me calm and during our time there we made more friends. And my anxiety there sorta deplinished. Now back to the car ride.

Jeremy and Elena listened to me tell them all about school, I knew they didn't get most of my 'dance talk' but they listened anyway. After a horribly long car ride we finally make it to what Elena said was, 'The Salvatore Boarding House.'

Once we enter the enormous house I notice that there are a lot of people there, but a few I recognize

"Perri!" Caroline screamed, her, Bonnie, Matt and Tyler ran over, engulfing me in a group hug. 

"Guys, can't breathe," I said, "Room... getting... darker." I dramatically began falling to the floor, but Tyler picked me up.

"Oh sorry Perr, we just missed you so much! Oh you have to tell us all about the Academy! What were classes like? Any cute guys?" Caroling rambled on.

"Care, she just got here, let the girl breathe," Bonnie chuckled everyone laughed.

"Right sorry, I'm just excited," She said blushing a bit from embarrassment.

"Its fine, Care, and I missed you guys too," I said giggling at my friends. I know what you're thinking but even though they are older doesn't mean anything. I've been friends with them for as long as Elena had been. But I am much closer to Caroline than I am with Bonnie. Just like Elena is closer to Bonnie than she is with Caroline.

"Perri, this is Alaric Saltzman," Elena said gesturing to a tall man with sandy blonde hair and a fatherly aura to him.

"It's nice to meet you Perri, I've heard a lot of... stories about you," Alaric said smiling at me and giving Caroline and Jeremy a look, "Oh and call me Ric."

"Nice to meet you too Ric, and I'm sure they told you plenty of stories, just don't believe them all," I said shaking my head. 

Then I saw a guy who looked about Elena's age walk up to me, "Hi, I'm Stefan Salvatore," he greeted extending his hand to me.

"Oh so you're Stefan!" I exclaimed shaking his hand. I looked at Elena and gave her a thumbs up, she blushed and looked away. 

Another man, who looked to be a few years older than Elena, made his way to me, he wore a smirk that seemed to be permanently  placed on his lips, "Hello I am Damon Salvatore, I'm Saint Stefan's older, hotter brother," he said. Damon had raven black hair and bright blue eyes, no question he was hot but Caroline told me he was an asshole.

"Nice to meet you Damon," I said simply smiling at him.