Chapter 9

I sat down next Bekah and picked my phone up from the table. Going through the texts that Jeremy left, I decided to reply that I'm fine and he doesn't have to keep blowing up my phone.

"Oh Perri, we've decided to throw a ball!" Bekah squealed excitedly, "and I've already picked out your dress, but it will have to be altered because you're so short."

"Hey, I am not short, I am vertically challenged," I protested crossing my arms.

"Vertically challenged? Really?" Elijah said chuckling, "That's one way to put it."

"Shut up, anyway Bekah what does it look like?"

"You'll see tomorrow," she smirked.

"I don't like either of you right now," I muttered, not like it did much when they had their 'vampire hearing.'

Bekah laughed, "Oh be quiet, lets just go to bed."

"Don't have to tell me twice," I scoffed hopping off the couch and following Bekah upstairs.

*Next Day*

Bekah and I walked back to her room where, she said, I would be turning into a princess. "Here! Go put this on!" she said shoving a dress in my arms and pushing me into the bathroom.

I slipped on the blue, silk dress and looked into the mirror. The straps were made of pearls and flowed down the back, which was mostly open until right above my butt. The dress was absolutely gorgeous, and honestly I kinda want to marry it.

Leaving the bathroom I noticed Bekah had her dress on too, "Beks you look incredible!" I gushed

"Me? Look at you! You look like a Goddess!" she squealed.

We quickly did our hair, nails, and make-up done by people compelled by the Mikaelson's. They also altered my dress to fit my height better. 

The two of us got done just in time too

The two of us got done just in time too. The ball had technically already started but there were still a few people coming. Bekah and I made our way elegantly down the stair case and into the foyer.

I spotted Carol relatively quickly, "Hey I'm gonna go see Mrs. Lockwood, we'll meet up later yeah?"

"Yeah definitely," Bekah said. 

After talking and catching up with Carol for a bit, none other than Damon Salvatore came up to us. Thankfully Kol showed up as well.

"Mayor Lockwood, we haven't formally met," he said kissing the top of her hand charmingly, "Kol Mikaelson. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it." 

"Damon Salvatore," he butted in smugly, "have we met?"

Kol smirked, "I've met a lot of people. And you don't particularly standout," I giggled quietly, Kol turned his attention to me, "Perri you look absolutely stunning this evening. Would you mind if I stole you away?"

Kol held his arm out to me, "I would love that," I replied linking my arm around his. I looked at the front door seeing Elena walk in, "ugh great."

"What's the matter darling?" Kol asked, I nodded my head in Elena's direction where Stefan and Damon were already next to her, "Oh the doppelgänger, great," he sighed sarcastically making me laugh loudly.

"What are they talking about?" I asked curiously.

Kol turned his head and concentrated on their conversation, "Hmm, seems my mother has requested an audience wit your lovely sister. And before you ask, no, I don't know why," he smirked down at me.

"I wasn't gonna ask that," I said trying to cover up a smile. Kol raised his eyebrows at me, "Okay maybe I was." Kol laughed shaking his head at me, I slapped his shoulder in annoyance, which only made him laugh harder. 

The night went on pretty well, Elijah announced that they were starting the waltz. In which Kol eagerly made his way towards me and asked me to dance, which I of course accepted. He was very charming and kind like he usually is anyways, I'm pretty sure my cheeks were permanently pink during our dance. When we switched partners I ended up in Nik's arms, he was very cheeky, like usual but I still enjoyed his company. I was then spun into Kol's arms once again and all too soon the waltz finished. 

But when the waltz and toast concluded thats when everything went down hill. Apparently Rebekah and Kol had planned to kill Matt, which kinda pisses me off. Oh and the best part, Kol and Damon fought, and Damon ended up snapping Kol's neck. Can't say he didn't deserve it though. 

Obviously the ball ended, Bekah and I talked and made up after the Matt incident. We had gone into her room and changed out of the gowns and into pjs. I was wearing sweat-shorts, a white T-shirt and an oversized, beige cardigan. 

At the moment, I was in Kol's room waiting for him to wake up. I got bored sitting around so I ended up laying on my back on the floor with my feet rested on the footboard. Out of boredom I started singing/humming 'The Parting Glass' from TWD. Man that's such a good show, but damn does it waste a lot of my time. 

I was interrupted by a groggy voice, "Perri what are you doing in here?" Kol asked leaning over his bed to look at me.

"Well why don't we go over tonights events that occurred after the toast," I said sarcastically, "you and Damon were fighting like children which ended with your neck snapped. Oh and we can't forget how you were going to kill Matt."

Kol's eyes widened, "W-well, that- I was-" he stuttered.

"Is The Kol Mikaelson at a lose for words? That's a first," I scoffed. By now I was standing up, arms crossed, and glaring at Kol.

Kol sighed, "Perri, I know there is no excuse for what I did. I'm truly sorry." 

"I'm still upset, but I'm just glad neither of you actually hurt him."

I turned around to walk away but Kol sped in front of me, "Perri, I really am sorry. I would never want cause you any harm," he said, there was slight desperation in his voice but what was clear, was the sincerity in his eyes.

"I know," I replied softly, walking back towards Bekah's room.