* Chapter Two *

Note (don't skip this or the TW): SORRY ITS 3 HOURS LATER THAN PLANNED. I had to go grocery shopping for my mother. Phew, welcome to the new and improved chapter two. I don't have much to say this time except that I hope chapter three will be posted on Saturday! So far, so good. I've just finished writing this chapter, and it's still Saturday (when I posted the first chapter). My creativity is thriving right now, and I really hope that it stays this way.

Also, this is a reminder to please stay safe and keep your loved ones safe as well. Make sure you're checking up on them during this crazy time. 2020 has been a mess.

And, I am going to start asking questions and answering them myself at the end of the chapter. Please, feel free to answer them as well! I want to get to know you all. Don't forget to comment and vote. I want your opinion on the chapter!! Was it better than last time?

I will also post pictures at the end of this chapter of Haven's outfits.

Trigger Warning: this chapter mentions drinking and very, very mild sexual content (grinding).

______

      We arrived in Brighton in the middle of that evening, sea salted air filling up our lungs and automatically frizzing our hair. We hadn't done much except for check into the questionable hotel. We only chose this one in particular because of the beachfront view. Despite the small and outdated rooms, I knew in that moment that we would have a blast together. The four of us rarely ever had an adventure together. The last vacation, if you want to call it that, we took together was at least ten months ago. We had all saved up a lot of money to splurge out on this trip, however, we couldn't pass up the three star "seafront" hotel. 

Once we were in each of our rooms, two people per room/per full sized bed, it hadn't taken us very long to strip down and into our matching bikinis. We had quickly decided to waltz our way down to the sandy trails. As I gazed out upon the setting sun that kissed the top of the vast, blue-green water, I couldn't help but think about how serene it looked. Someone had told us that the beach would close at six in the evening, and it was only four at the moment. I glanced at the girls beside me and we all grinned as we began racing toward the water.

We splashed around for hours, hardly hopping out to rub sunscreen over each other's backs, until we decided it was enough sandy water for the day. My body felt extremely tight and dehydrated from the salinity. We all shared a knowing look with each other before we pretended to pick up our sandals and the beach bags we'd brought. I chuckled softly at Iris's Louis Vuitton beach bag as I glanced at the rest of ours. Adidas seemed to prove more popular, so why spend so much money?

The police car drove past us; we tried to look natural as we walked slowly up the shore towards our hotel gate. We had other plans, though, once the cop was nowhere in sight. We laughed loudly while also shushing each other as we kept tripping over our own feet. We were running back down to the pier. It must've been quite the sight because we sprinted as if we were dodging bullets. Once we were under the wooden stilts, I fell onto my back, staring to the side and out at the stars.

Amelia hunched over, dropping her eggplant colored bag onto the dampened sand. Lailah danced around in circles with her hair tossed back, bleached curls dancing with her to the music of water crashing against the rocky shore off in the distance. Iris laid down beside me, grinning peacefully up at the wood we were lying under as she linked her pinky with mine. We were all blissfully elated, and it had been a feeling I'd longed for for a while now.