secret admirer

(Warning: I'm not a poet.)

Lukas opened his locker to find a stash of pink and red heart-shaped slips inside.

"Gah!" He shrieked and looked around wildly to see if anyone had caught that.

The slips began to fall to the ground. Panicking, Lukas grabbed them and stuffed them back inside, even though more kept falling.

One of the notes caught his attention. It was titled simply "To Lukas" in elegant cursive, and he opened it.

Lukas began to read it out loud.

"Your eyes are a crystal blue,
Your hair a gorgeous blonde,
Your smile brings joy to my life,
You're the color to my black and white world"

Stunned, Lukas grabbed for another one and read it.

"Love is what I feel for you,
Each and every day,
Love is like a smile,
Love is like a song,
Love is a great emotion,
That keeps us going strong"

"Who spends their time writing love notes? Desperate, non-poetic love poems?" he wondered aloud, muttering the last question to himself.

"Sounds like you've got a secret admirer."

A shrill scream escaped from Lukas, and he almost fell backward as Jesse doubled over in laughter.

"Not funny," Lukas poured at Jesse. "A what what now?"

"A se-secret admirer, l-like-" Jesse couldn't stop laughing and had to hold onto the locker for dear life.

When he was finally done, he coughed and looked at Lukas again. "A secret admirer is like, someone who likes you, but admires you from afar, y'know?"

"Me? A secret admirer? Who would like me?" Lukas questioned.

"I don't know. Hey, maybe you should check if the slips were signed."

Lukas smiled at Jesse. "Nice thinking."

He began to unload the many, many stuffed and bent love poems in his locker into...

"Wait, where am I gonna keep all of this?" Lukas panicked once again, holding piles of notes in his hands, unaware that some were on his head.

Jesse tried to hide his laughter.

"I-I'll get you a bag," he coughed discreetly.

Lo and behold, Jesse went digging in his backpack and found a plastic bag.

"Wow, I was wondering when I'd ever need this," Jesse murmured, handing it over to Lukas.

"And we'll see you next time on 'What's in Jesse's Backpack?'" Lukas sarcastically commented, earning himself a playful shove from Jesse.

Lukas stared at Jesse before gasping and dramatically stumbling back. "I'm wounded," he spoke, before putting a hand to his chest.

Jesse rolled his eyes. "Who will ever save you? Your secret admirer?"

Lukas blushed and looked away. "Yeah right," he said. "Speaking of my secret admirer, who do you think it is?"

"Some fangirl of yours, obviously," Jesse spoke nonchalantly, then cackling when Lukas blinked repeatedly and tilted his head at him.

"I'm just joking. Who'd ever fall in love with you when they got this hot body over here?" Jesse wiggled his eyebrows and leaned against the locker, posing for the imaginary cameras.

Lukas gasped again. "He wounds me with his words." He then slipped and fell head first into all the poems that had fallen to the floor during the conversation.

Jesse burst into laughter and cackled as Lukas muttered some choice words getting up.

"Now you're really wounded," Jesse laughed and lent a hand to Lukas.

"Wait, let me put these all away," Lukas grabbed each one and crushed a few accidentally, tossing them into the bag Jesse had given him.

"Need help?" Jesse motioned to the many still stuck in his locker.

"'Course, man." Jesse grabbed a handful and stashed them.

- time skip to after school -

Jesse sighed and face planted on his bed, groaning.

He adjusted himself comfortably and clutched his pillow.

Jesse felt a tear trickle down his cheek, and he sighed. He got up, wiping it off his cheek, and glanced at the bundles of red and pink construction paper.

Jesse grabbed a pair of scissors and began to cut out a heart from one of the sheets of red construction paper. He then grabbed a black pen and wrote intricately on the front: "To Lukas".

He started writing:

"Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

My love for you,

Remains forever unrequited"

"What the heck did I just write?" Jesse asked to no one in particular, and crumpled it up, getting up to trash the piece of paper away.

"Why do I bother trying anyway?" He sat on his bed again, and his countenance darkened.

Jesse felt the tears fall, but this time he didn't try to stop them. He chuckled against his flowing tears, thinking of his unrequited love interest.

"Lukas, why do you do this to me?"

--------

Um, haha, I've finally updated it! Yay...

Sorry, I was having a bit of writers' block as for what to write. Hope you guys like this though! Also, I'm not a poem person, so... yeah.

I will try to update more often and get back on to the schedule.

Peace! ;)

~ alena <3