streaks

"Streaks?" Lukas scoffed.

Jesse threw his arms up in exasperation. "I don't know, that's what they're called. Streaks."

"And why do you want me to start a streak with you?" Lukas asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Streaks are like proofs of friendship," Jesse spoke. His eyes widened as he realized what he just said. "I mean..."

Lukas pretended that he was stabbed. "Is that what you think of me? A friend?" He wiggled his eyebrows as Jesse began to stutter.

"I-I-I, no, no, no! You're m-my boyfriend!" Jesse hugged Lukas to try and comfort him from the momentary upset that he had just caused.

Lukas laughed and slugged an arm around Jesse's shoulder. "I still don't see the point of me starting a streak with you. Heck, I don't even understand why out of all the text messaging apps you made me download, it had to be Snapchat." Rolling his eyes, he said quietly, "Snapchat is so overrated."

"Excuse me?" Jesse furrowed his eyebrows and stared squarely at Lukas. Lukas cowered slightly. "I said nothing," he proclaimed loudly.

"No, you didn't. You said Snapchat sucks." Jesse pouted.

Lukas moved his arm off Jesse's shoulder and held his arms up, as if he was surrendering. "Alright, alright! I just said that Snapchat gets a lot more hype than what it actually deserves."

Jesse tilted his head. "And how much hype do you think Snapchat deserves?"

"None," Lukas smirked as Jesse's eyes grew wide and he playfully smacked Lukas.

"You're trying to distract me!" Jesse cried out. "I want you to start a streak with me."

"What's the point of them? All that happens is that you get little tiny numbers that increase daily. What's so amazing about that?" Lukas folded his arms and groaned.

Before Jesse could even begin, he fired off again, saying, "Literally, all you do is waste your life and your mental health with streaks."

"They're fun," Jesse pouted and moved a chair to sit.

Lukas, not wanting to remain standing, pulled over a chair and aligned it close to Jesse's chair and sat down. "What's fun about streaks? And don't pull some bullshit on me on how 'snap streaks show that you're committed to your friendship' - or well, relationship in this case."

Jesse huffed, "But they are a commitment! If you break your streaks with someone, are you really close with them? Like, do really you know them?"

Lukas imitated Jesse and huffed as well. "It's a waste of time. Literally, you could be doing anything else with the time that you send streaks with."

"First, you made me get Instagram, and now Snapchat," Lukas groaned, and leaned towards the side of the chair, facing Jesse. "What kind of misery do you put me in?"

"Just try it," Jesse begged.

"Nope," Lukas said defiantly and shook his head vigorously.

Jesse's eyes grew wide and he pretended to sniffle. "Lukie! Pleaaaaaaaaase!"

"Nope."

"Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!"

"No, Jesse, I said-"

Lukas made the mistake of looking into Jesse's eyes. "No, Jesse, don't give me that look," he muttered as Jesse blinked rapidly and whimpered.

"Argh, Jesse, fine," he sighed exaggeratedly.

"Yay!" Jesse grabbed Lukas and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Jesse! Y-You're going to kill me!" Lukas attempted to wriggle out of his grasp, and Jesse in response planted a kiss squarely on Lukas's lips.

He blushed.

(time skip)

"I still don't see the numbers, Jesse." Lukas's countenance grew brighter, and he leaned close to Jesse. "Maybe, we shouldn't do the streaks. After all, it's probably not working..."

Jesse looked at Lukas, unconvinced. "Don't you dare back out of this, Porter."

Lukas gulped. There was really no way in getting out of the streak.

Unless, he broke it. Lukas could see it now-

"Don't you dare break the streak either," Jesse started. Lukas almost shrieked.

"H-how-"

Jesse remained unfazed. "You had that grin on your face."

"That grin?" Lukas tried to play it off. "Yeah, the grin that you always make when you get an idea," Jesse explained.

"Bummer," Lukas whined softly.

Jesse almost shrieked, dropping his phone. "There! I sent a snap, and now we have our streak!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. It'll probably die after 10 days."

Jesse glared at Lukas menacingly, and Lukas started walking backwards. "I mean, of course not! I would NEVER break our streak. Who ever said that? Aha..." he half-heartedly joked around as Jesse stared him down.

Lukas sighed inwardly.