lukas should sing more often

Jesse was trying to catch a few minutes of sleep when he heard some muffled noises. Squinting his eyes, he felt a wave of disorientation at first. As he got used to the brightness of the room, his head turned to the noises - or was that someone singing? - outside.

His hair tangled and messy, he got up, the mattress squeaking under him. He pushed the door open carefully and quietly trod downstairs, stopping when he heard the music more clearly.

He peered to find Lukas, sitting in his night garments, singing to himself as he made breakfast.

"Get out your guns, battle's begun,

Are you a saint or a sinner?

If love's a fight, then I shall die,

With my heart on trigger,"

Jesse loved this song immensely. He remembered listening to it all the time on full blast. Guess Lukas had caught on, too.

"They say before you start a war,

You better know what you're fighting for,

Well baby, you're all that I adore,

If love is what you need, a soldier I will be,"

Jesse unconsciously moved along to Lukas's singing. He had to admit, Lukas was amazing at singing. His voice was absolutely beautiful. His eyes gazing off at Lukas, he sat down on the steps and leaned onto the railing.

"I'm an angel with a shotgun,

Fighting 'till the wars won,

I don't care if heaven won't take me back,

I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe,

Don't you know you're everything I have?

And I, wanna live, not just survive tonight,"

As Lukas started dancing a little, Jesse wondered how he made a rock song sound so melodious. He mentally reminded himself to make Lukas sing more often as he swayed a little.

"Sometimes to win, you've got to sin,

Don't mean I'm not a believer,

And major Tom will sing along,

Yeah, they still say I'm a dreamer,"

And as Lukas continued singing, Jesse felt himself relax, his eyelids drooping. The thought of Lukas catching him drifted out of his mind as his head softly hit the railing and stayed there, and Jesse felt sleep come upon him.

(switch to Lukas's PoV)

Lukas finished the pancakes and set them down on the table lightly. He yawned and then froze, seeing a figure on the stairs.

"Hello?" Lukas moved closer, his eyes narrowing. The figure was not moving; in fact, it looked slumped.

Lukas went up the stairs to find that the figure was none other than Jesse, sleeping quietly.

"Jesse looks cute when he sleeps." Lukas froze when he realized the words had rolled off his tongue, and he stared at the brunette to see if he woke up.

Luckily for him, Jesse was quite the deep sleeper.

Lukas shook his head, and immediately a thought blazed through his mind. Had Jesse heard him singing? He felt his cheeks heat up extremely, and he hoped that his voice wasn't that terrible that it made Jesse get up.

"You silly child," Lukas whispered softly and then snickered.

(time skip)

Lukas made slight eye contact with Jesse, not sure how to bring up how Jesse had been listening to him sing.

Jesse was the first to speak. "You're pretty quiet today, Lukas."

Lukas felt his cheeks slightly heat up again. "Am I not always the quiet one around here?"

"Yeah, but you're like, quiet quiet today. Like more quiet than usual," Jesse spoke as he stabbed at a stubborn piece of a pancake.

Lukas almost snorted. "Quiet quiet?'

Jesse blushed. "Sorry that we're not all as eloquent with our words as you are, Lukas."

Lukas said nothing. Then he had an idea.

"How well did I sing?"

Jesse looked up as if he was a deer caught in headlights. "What are you talking about, Lukie?"

"Don't call me, Lukie."

"But Lukie-"

Lukas exclaimed, "You're trying to divert my attention! You were listening to me sing, in the morning."

Jesse waved a hand away, but his eyes seemed to speak differently. "What singing? I never heard you sing," he professed and then smirked. "Maybe you should sing again."

Lukas pushed his chair back. He spoke, "Don't be so shy, Jesse. You fell asleep on the stairs listening to me sing."

If Lukas had his phone with him, he would have definitely recorded Jesse's face as he went through an oh-shit-I've-been-caught reaction.

Jesse averting his eyes, a small smile on his face. "You have a beautiful voice, Lukas. I wasn't joking about how you should sing again."

Lukas's mouth dropped a little as his fork clattered onto the plate. "I-," Lukas began and then blushed. "Really?"

"Of course, you goose." Jesse smiled and leaned forward to pinch Lukas's cheek.

--------------

Well, that's it, folks. This is the last one shot I'm uploading for today!

By the way, the song is "Angel with a Shotgun" by The Cab. I used to listen to the song all the time, and I've recently rediscovered the song again. I absolutely love it! X-X

I think five one-shots are good to make up for the long absence that I had in writing this book. Oops! :P

Anyway, see you all later! :)

~ alena <3