Cupids In Action

A/N:Meet the cast: Ayush Dhawan🔝

Nandini stood in front of Iktara Musics wondering for the nth time how she had ended up here.

Navya...contract...recording...events of last few days running through her head in a blur...

Aiyyappa main yeh kahan aake phas gayi?' (Oh! God what have I gotten myself into?) She asked her Aiyappa yet again. She walked into the huge building nervously. She went to the reception desk and asked

"Excuse me. I'm Nandini Murthy. I was called here for a recording."

"Yes, of course Ma'am. Our team is waiting for you at Recording room no 11. Second floor first door on the right." the receptionist answered in a professionally polite voice.

She nodded a quiet thank you and went to find the room. When she entered the recording room, there was a blur of activity inside.

"Hmm...Excuse me?" Nandini said in a tentative voice.

Suddenly everyone inside came to a stand still. Before she had a chance to figure out what was going on, she was dragged in by more than one pair of hands.

" Ma'am. We've been waiting for you." A guy said to her and pushed a paper into her hands. " This is the lyrics."

" Ok? Can I meet the director?"

"He'll be here in a short while." He said and pushed her into the recording studio.

"But the tune?" She asked bewildered

" aap apne hi tune mein gayiye na. aagar koi change chahiye ho toh director saab aapse bata denge" (Just sing in your own tune. If there is any change required director sir will inform you)

"Huh?! " but he had already closed the door and left her there.

What the hell is going on here? Nandini had no idea what to do. It's been a long time since she sang anything at all. Now she had to sing a new song that too with a tune of her own?! God! Yeh kya ho raha hain mere saath?' (God! What on earth is happening to me?) She took a deep breath and prepared herself.

Soon music started filling her ears. She closed her eyes and tried to feel it. This was something her grandma had taught her.

She began humming...

Hmmm..mmm...

Main jaan yeh var doon...

Har jeet bhi haar doon..

Keemat ho koi tujhe...

Beintehaan pyaar doon...

Her voice flowed out voicing every feeling she kept bottled up inside her, the lyrics were as if it had been made for her. She closed her eyes and saw his face. Every moment they shared throughout the years began flashing through her eyes. Every word that came out of her mouth was straight from her heart...

Saari hadein meri... ab maine thod di

Dekar mujhe pata...awaargi bangaye